Options

Working in Singapore

yellowpadyellowpad Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello all~
I am curious if we have any member here living or working in Singapore in the field of Info Security and related. I am thinking about moving there and would love to get some info.

TIA
Completed MSCIA f/ WGU~ CISSP 5-days boot camp scheduled :)

Comments

• Options
    EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I did quite a bit of contract work there earlier in my career. It's a very different culture. I enjoyed it but every day is like DC in August.
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    that humid?
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    that humid?

Just for the trip into the office, I needed to bring an extra t-shirt. I was there at several times of the year. Being 1 degree N, there's not a whole lot of variance. Very organized and disciplined place, just humid as all get out.
  • Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It is hot and humid, you will most probably be taking public transport as cars are expensive but internet speeds here are fast. Some info at https://www.singaporeexpats.com/

You can PM me.
  • Options
    Thank you everyone...I was there a few times when I was in the service and definitely remember the humidity. But evening time was great strolling for street food.

What is the best way to search for opportunities besides indeed? I have a MS in Cybersecurity and CISSP by end of the year....and currently working for a local gov't as an Infosec Analyst.
  • Options
    SkuppSkupp Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have been in Singapore for a few years, before that, the UK ans Oz.

If you are keen to work here, I suggest you look at the Personalised Employment Pass. I came here under that initially then applied for my PR here.

Personalised Employment Pass

For job portals, you can look at:
    sg.jobsdb.com
    www.monster.com.sg

Securing work without being in country and without a work permit will be difficult, though not impossible. Work / Life balance may not be as good as US/UK/Oz, though that does depend on the company. Quality of life outside work hours is pretty cool tho ;)

Cheers.
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the resources.
    Skupp wrote: »
    I have been in Singapore for a few years, before that, the UK ans Oz.

If you are keen to work here, I suggest you look at the Personalised Employment Pass. I came here under that initially then applied for my PR here.

Personalised Employment Pass

For job portals, you can look at:
    sg.jobsdb.com
    www.monster.com.sg

Securing work without being in country and without a work permit will be difficult, though not impossible. Work / Life balance may not be as good as US/UK/Oz, though that does depend on the company. Quality of life outside work hours is pretty cool tho ;)

Cheers.