ITIL Intermediate (Service Lifecycle) Study Strategy and Advice?

arunm17arunm17 Member Posts: 29 ■■■□□□□□□□
Dear All, I am planning to sit for the 5 service lifecycle modules which is the intermediate papers. May i ask for your advice on the best strategy to sit and study for these papers. Before you ask that i should seek help from my training company, i would like to tell that i took an online training which by now has already expired. However i still have access to the Q&A papers, study notes and etc. Thus i would like to find out the best way to approach these exams. As for me, i can study for 2 hours daily separated by 1 hour in the morning and 1 hour in the evening. I have pdf format of the ITIL service lifecycle 2011 books which i purchased. My plan so far: 2 hours daily study on the weekdays 5 hours on the weekend 2 weeks exit strategy for each modules. What would be your advice for me? I appreciate all feedbacks. Thank you so much! Arun

Comments

• ItsmHarunItsmHarun Member Posts: 178
    [FONT=&quot]Published by TSO, the official publisher of ITIL, and endorsed by the ITIL Official Accreditor, Passing Your ITIL Foundation Exam has been fully updated in line with the 2011 ITIL syllabus and to reflect current exam techniques. As such, it is the ideal companion for students preparing for their ITIL Foundation Exam.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]This guide is part of the official Best Management Practice portfolio, and provides a comprehensive overview of the ITIL Foundation syllabus, ideal for developing an understanding of the basic concepts, principles and terminology associated with IT service management. It contains chapters on service management, each of the five lifecycle stages, and service management technology, plus information on the qualification scheme and the exam itself to ensure your preparation for the exam is comprehensive.

best luck........[/FONT]
  • Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi Arun, if you've taken a training course then the best indication of your readiness if your performance on the sample exams. Use these to guide your studies - if there are questions where you haven't performed well, focus on those areas. Exam technique is so important for these certifications.

Use the syllabus to target your reading in the core volumes (they are not books to sit down and read all at once :) )

Good luck with your studies and for your exams.

Kind regards

Claire
  • arunm17arunm17 Member Posts: 29 ■■■□□□□□□□
    thank you for the guidance Harun & Claire.