Options

Data Recovery

coldbugcoldbug Member Posts: 189
What is the best way to do this? This will be my first time.
"If you want to kick the tiger in his ass, you'd better have a plan for dealing with his teeth."

Comments

• Options
    mbarrettmbarrett Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Do what - data recovery?
    1) Find your backup data
    2) Restore it to your live environment
    3) profit

Hopefully, there is a documented procedure for how to do it in your specific environment. ;)
  • Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I use Hiren's disc, which you can download, I think Acronis recovery is on it. It works pretty good. OR if you have a lot of funds, DriveSavers is something I have used for clients before.
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The first thing with data recovery is to figure out where it was copied. One of the first questions any admin should ask is "where are the back-ups?"
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Please don't skimp on details, as they help shape an intelligent response. Are we talking about overwritten data, a dead drive, or what? Personal or corporate environment?
  • Options
    Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    If it is a physical disk, the LAST thing you want to do is continue to let it spin and troubleshoot it by software.

Software will not repair a head failure. It will only cause it to spin and score the platter, which makes recovery impossible.

Should have had a backup plan. Invest in a NAS if you haven't already.

A dead flash drive could be a loose solder point on the USB.

But please do let us know what device it is.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Please don't skimp on details, as they help shape an intelligent response. Are we talking about overwritten data, a dead drive, or what? Personal or corporate environment?

It will be for my Practice Project for next weekend boss.
    "If you want to kick the tiger in his ass, you'd better have a plan for dealing with his teeth."
  • Options
    cyberguypr wrote: »

oh I wanna work with crashed drives