Options

What is the best basic job for working in IT with no experience or credentials.

2»

Comments

• Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    I wouldn't mind being a Mr. Spock, myself...
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I wouldn't mind being a Mr. Spock, myself...

Rock,paper,scissors,lizard, spock!!!
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • Options
    LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I heard that employers put those unrealistic or ridiculous job requirements (I saw a job posting in 2015 that required 10 years experience in Hadoop lol) to claim they cannot find "qualified Americans" and therefore justify their H1B requests.
    EANx wrote: »
    I've seen plenty of jobs where the requirements includes something impossible. 7 years experience with Windows 2000 server in 2002. Companies are often unrealistic. Apply, see what happens.
  • Options
    ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Get a Help desk job, technical support, or field tech job. Some jobs will pay for you to get certified.

What type of experience do you have?
    Have you done any PC or repair work?
    have you used Outloook, exchange, ADUC, or worked with a ticketing system before?
    Do you have good customer service skills?

Most Help desk roles focus primarily on troubleshooting, problem solving, and customer service skills.... Handling the problem in a quick manner by fixing the users issue or escalating the issue to the next team.

Have you worked in a fast paced environment before? Retail helps with this also.
    What have you worked on before? Have you built a PC by yourself? Do you know anyone in IT already that could help you get a job?
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios