Options

One Free certification exam voucher upon completion of latest ECE cycle

IronmanXIronmanX Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
I took my CEH exam in Early 2015, so that means i'm going to have to start paying $80 USD a year starting early 2018.

My question is when do i get my "ONE FREE certification exam voucher"?
I figure that there must be some people on here who have had to start paying the fee after being grandfathered in.
I'm hoping "ONE FREE certification exam voucher upon completion of their latest ECE cycle" means after i complete this ECE cycle, which ends early next year, I will then get a free exam voucher

"To offset the cost of certification maintenance, we have devised a plan to provide direct value to you, our certification holder. For the year 2016, we are proud to announce that Any member certified or recertified from January 1st 2016 onwards and continues chooses to keep their certification active will be eligible to receive one free ONE FREE certification exam voucher upon completion of their latest ECE cycle, with values ranging from USD $125 to USD $650. If the member redeems this voucher, and takes the exam and pass, they will not need to worry about accumulating your required 120 CPE points for the next 3 years!"

Comments

• Options
    PhalanxPhalanx Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I believe you might not get it. The terms you stated there say it's for people who certed or recerted from the 1st of January, 2016 onwards. You mention you did it in 2015.
    Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
    Server & Networking: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
    Currently Studying: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert
  • Options
    Phalanx wrote: »
    I believe you might not get it. The terms you stated there say it's for people who certed or recerted from the 1st of January, 2016 onwards. You mention you did it in 2015.

Yeah so as of January 2016 you have to pay the $80 a year, but if your are certified prior then you don't have to start paying until your ECE cycle is over.

I think you may be right. The whole point is to give people something for paying the money.
    I will start my new ECE cycle early next year and will therefore have to start paying the annual fee.

My confusion is "Any member certified or recertified from January 1st 2016 onwards and continues chooses to keep their certification active will be eligible to receive one free ONE FREE certification exam voucher upon completion of their latest ECE cycle"

So i will re certify in early 2018 after my current ECE cycle is complete (I'm thinking that would be my latest ECE cycle).

"If the member redeems this voucher, and takes the exam and pass, they will not need to worry about accumulating your required 120 CPE points for the next 3 years!""
    ^ so that almost makes it sounds like i get it at the start of my ECE cycle. If I pass i don't need to worry about continue education points in that cycle, even though it has been easy to maintain the CE points.
  • Options
    yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I wonder if this voucher can be used for whatever you want, like the next cert above CEH (e.g. ECSA). That actually sounds like a fair deal and makes the overall price of getting a CEH much more realistic.

or

The voucher can only be used to retake the CEH. Which is kind of worthless. You'd risk possibly failing on that second attempt and losing certification, for the convenience of not needing to bother uploading CEU activities.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • Options
    yoba222 wrote: »
    I wonder if this voucher can be used for whatever you want, like the next cert above CEH (e.g. ECSA). That actually sounds like a fair deal and makes the overall price of getting a CEH much more realistic.

or

The voucher can only be used to retake the CEH. Which is kind of worthless. You'd risk possibly failing on that second attempt and losing certification, for the convenience of not needing to bother uploading CEU activities.

I think it means any voucher
    "ONE FREE certification exam voucher upon completion of their latest ECE cycle, with values ranging from USD $125 to USD $650."

^That was written in 2016 and i believe the cost of the CEH was 650 then.
  • Options
    Arczi84Arczi84 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello,

I passed CEH exam this year and I was informed about that fee as well. I was not sure what does it mean so I wrote an official question to EC-COUNCIL. Below is the answer:

[FONT=georgia, serif]Please note that any member certified or recertified January 1st 2016 onwards and continues to keep their certification active will be eligible to receive one free certification voucher upon completion of their latest ECE cycle[/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia, serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia, serif]You will be eligible to redeem your benifits on the completion of your 3 year ECE cycle for any recertificaiton received starting 1st Jan 2016[/FONT]

[FONT=georgia, serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia, serif]EC-Council will notify you when your free voucher is ready and can be redeemed.

BR,
    Arczi
    [/FONT]
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    So this promise of an exam voucher is a carrot to entice people into paying their ECC recertification fee?
  • Options
    Arczi84 wrote: »
    You will be eligible to redeem your benifits on the completion of your 3 year ECE cycle for any recertificaiton received starting 1st Jan 2016

Thanks for your reply.
    I'm hoping that means when I re-certify(pay) in 2018 and start paying yearly fees from then on that I will get a free voucher at that time.
    I'm just trying to figure out if I should start studying or not.
  • Options
    JDMurray wrote: »
    So this promise of an exam voucher is a carrot to entice people into paying their ECC recertification fee?

Basically. Although for me the huge price increase is more of an incentive.
    It was $500 US when I did the exam and now its $950 AND the Canadian dollar is lower.
  • Options
    Any one recieve a free voucher yet?