Options

Starting the journey to the MCSE

13»

Comments

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Pseudonym wrote: »
    Good luck on 412 mate. You should nail it second time around.

Thanks mate!! :)

I have a good idea of what areas I need to focus on for sure after that last attempt. It was areas I don't use often in production I think that was the challenge in a lot of ways specifically ADFS, ADCS... I got this icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    PseudonymPseudonym Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeah, they're two tough areas, and you never know how deep they're going to go until you take the exam. Once you have a better idea about that, you can really hone in on them though.
    Certifications - A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, ITIL v3, MCITP:EDST/EDA, CCNA R&S/Cyber Ops, MCSA:2008/2012, MCSE:CP&I, RHCSA
    Working on - RHCE
  • Options
    pizzaboypizzaboy Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    pizzaboy wrote: »

I will check this out!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Passed by the skin of my teeth but the 70-412 is done bang can’t take down the beast!!:)

One more left to get my MCSE then I can focus on building my business!!!!! :)

Hallelujah

• Options
    Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great job on passing the example. Feels good to get that test out of the way.
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • Options
    PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Passed by the skin of my teeth but the 70-412 is done bang can’t take down the beast!!:)

One more left to get my MCSE then I can focus on building my business!!!!! :)

Hallelujah

What kind of business? I'm in the Monterey area, so maybe we can collaborate? :D
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • Options
    PCTechLinc wrote: »
    What kind of business? I'm in the Monterey area, so maybe we can collaborate? :D

I’ll message you on TE/LinkedIn and let you know what I’m working on!! ;)

• Options
    Praise the Lord. Wohoooo!!!!!! Congrats man!!!
    God deserves my best
  • Options
    pizzaboy wrote: »
    Praise the Lord. Wohoooo!!!!!! Congrats man!!!

Agreed!!!! One more left to go icon_thumright.gif

• Options
    I started my study for the last exam towards the MCSE (70-413) watching the CBT Nugget videos, MS Press Book, and practice tests starting next week. I plan to take it by mid July and crush it!! :)

• Options
    That's the killer spirit!!! :) I'm loving this thread.
    My pursuit has been slowed due to the new addition to my kingdom, thought I could study while she sleeps but that clearly was a crazzzzy idea. My first child so I had illusions of grandeur, like sleeping.
    God deserves my best
  • Options
    I’m enjoying the content of the 413 way more than the 412 . It’s far more interesting the design and architecture side of things. I will have all the CBT Nugget videos done by the end of the week. I have already started taking practice exams and been reading the MS Press about 1/3 of the way through the content. :)

• Options
    strokin3strokin3 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I’m enjoying the content of the 413 way more than the 412 . It’s far more interesting the design and architecture side of things. I will have all the CBT Nugget videos done by the end of the week. I have already started taking practice exams and been reading the MS Press about 1/3 of the way through the content. :)

Out of curiosity, did you use CBT for the 70-412? Those videos are from 2015 and haven't been updated for years. I just failed the 70-412 and i'm looking for ways to pass it. Do you have any tips?

-Thanks
  • Options
    strokin3 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, did you use CBT for the 70-412? Those videos are from 2015 and haven't been updated for years. I just failed the 70-412 and i'm looking for ways to pass it. Do you have any tips?

-Thanks

I used several resources in my exam preparations: YouTube, TechNet articles were extremely helpful in getting more detail about specific topics, MS Press book, and CBT Nuggets as well!!

I also referenced another book I mentioned in this thread: Sybex Server 2012 R2 Guide: https://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-111885991X,miniSiteCd-SYBEX.html

I got this one off Amazon best of luck!! I would really recommend studying on the ADFS and ADCS areas. These areas on the 70-412 I personally had the most challenge with as I don't work with them much in a production environment. So, I really had to hone in on those domains.

• Options
    strokin3strokin3 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used several resources in my exam preparations: YouTube, TechNet articles were extremely helpful in getting more detail about specific topics, MS Press book, and CBT Nuggets as well!!

I also referenced another book I mentioned in this thread: Sybex Server 2012 R2 Guide: https://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-111885991X,miniSiteCd-SYBEX.html

I got this one off Amazon best of luck!! I would really recommend studying on the ADFS and ADCS areas. These areas on the 70-412 I personally had the most challenge with as I don't work with them much in a production environment. So, I really had to hone in on those domains.

Is this the MS press book you're talking about? :
    https://www.amazon.com/70-412-Configuring-Advanced-Windows-Services/dp/0735673616

Thanks for the tips. Still bummed out I failed it when i aced the first two..
  • Options
    strokin3 wrote: »
    Is this the MS press book you're talking about? :
    https://www.amazon.com/70-412-Configuring-Advanced-Windows-Services/dp/0735673616

Thanks for the tips. Still bummed out I failed it when i aced the first two..

I also failed my first attempt and aced the first two exams as well so I know the feeling.

https://www.amazon.com/Windows-Server-Complete-Study-Guide/dp/111885991X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1530904945&sr=1-1&keywords=sybex+server+2012

I used this book and the one you linked as well.

• Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    You gat this Brotha!!!icon_study.gif
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    This weekend I forced myself to read, and not slack off. I did pretty good a couple pages, and some lab work. Just need to follow threw and move forward but the heat around here is killing me. This week I'm really hoping I get 2 chapters done.

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • Options
    Louie1277 wrote: »
    This weekend I forced myself to read, and not slack off. I did pretty good a couple pages, and some lab work. Just need to follow threw and move forward but the heat around here is killing me. This week I'm really hoping I get 2 chapters done.

You got this!! icon_thumright.gif

• Options
    I'm ready to slay this dragon and finish the fight!!! :)

• Options
    backtrackerbacktracker Member Posts: 91 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm ready to slay this dragon and finish the fight!!! :)

Nice work and best of luck on your last exam! I always thought the content of 413/414 looked interesting.
    MSM-ISS (Information System Security)-'07 Colorado Tech.
    MCSE | MCSA X3 | Security + | Network +
  • Options

• Options
    nicoletteannicolettean Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!!!
    2018 Goals - AWS Certified Solutions Architect

Linkedin Profile : https://www.linkedin.com/in/andrew-nicolette-454721109/
  • Options

that's awesome!!!! Can I borrow your brain for a couple weeks to pass these exams. hahahah That's another notch on your cert belt.

My Goal for the Future
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • Options
    Congrats!!!! Well deserved.
    God deserves my best
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!!! It's much appreciated :)

• Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I Knew you could do it brother.
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.