Options

how helpful is class?

sleemiesleemie Member Posts: 109
my job was going to send me to a CCNA class, but it's one that only covers what would be on the second test, it's called interconnecting cisco devices. Anywho, the vendor keeps moving the class date back and I'm thinking by the time I would take the class it would be a waste and I should just opt to take another class in it's place since the classes we get are limited. I feel like i'm about 80% ready for the test...although I really don't know what 100% would feel like. I can answer all the transcender and test questions in the sybex book right now at about a 90% clip.

So, what's the opinion on taking this class if I have to wait unitl july or August when I could probably have this thing done by mid june. I also have the boson sims and practice exams. I've connect to a 2600 router and a 3500 swtich, but just local configurations on them, haven't connected them to anything.

Comments

• Options
    gabrielbtoledogabrielbtoledo Member Posts: 217
    I found semester 3 and 4 the hardest ones. Also heard that 80% of the CCNA test covers semester 3 and 4(not sure, never took the test).
    It would be very helpful for you because you would have access to routers and switches. So, you can see how a hardware problem acts and how to find out those problems.
    A+ Certified - Network+ - MCP (70-290)
    MCSA - CCNA - Security+ (soon)
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    sleemie wrote:
    my job was going to send me to a CCNA class, but it's one that only covers what would be on the second test, it's called interconnecting cisco devices.
    Classes are always fun if someone else is paying and you get out of work! :D And ICND is probably 75-80% of the single CCNA exam.

If you got the CCNA on your own, is there another class you could take instead? Or do you lose your "field trip?"

Did you go through the trancender just one time to get that 90%? If so, then you are getting close to maybe being ready. If you've gone through it multiple times -- then it is no longer useful to determine if you're ready for the exam (except that you should be getting 100% after 2 or 3 times).

Classes are good because of their "structure" -- some people can't motivate for self-study (you don't seem to have that problem).
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!