CCSP (Certified Cloud Security Professional) passed

manalsabrimanalsabri Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed the CCSP exam last week.

I am from CISSP background and this definitely helped.It is more appropriate to think this exam as CISSP for cloud.

Exam was not very difficult. Though the questions were pretty tricky but at the same time the correct options were also easily identifiable.

In the end, I was slightly unsure about 6-7 questions out of 125.

I have gone through all the available books as I have access of Safari provided by my employer.

0. If you are from CISSP background, revisit the books. There is absolutely no chance without sound understanding of CISSP/security concepts. If you are not a CISSP, read books for go through some CISSP CBT.

1. CCSP CBK - Dry but important (Unit 5 is unnecessarily big)

2. CCSP All-in-One Exam Guide - I have read this book cover to cover several times. Content was relevant to the exam.

3. CCSP Official Study Guide - Easy read and interesting. Content was sufficient and relevant to the exam. I use this as the only book during the last few days leading to exam.

4. NIST SP 800-146 - Highly recommended. Don't miss this.5. Mindmap - Optional. The questions were more related to concepts than memory.

I didn't solve any questions from any of these books or otherwise. I believe that looking the question will bias my study.

Comments

• averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats,

Are all of the books you mentioned available on Safari? (disregard, I just checked and they all are)

I am nearly done with the Official Study Guide and then will move on to the other two books as well as 800-146. Did you use the Cloud SRG at all?

How long was your study timeline? I am thinking of buckling down for a month or so and giving it a go.
  • djcarterdjcarter Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • manalsabrimanalsabri Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have gone through the material in the order I have mentioned in the post. :)