Options

Interviewing for a more senior role

Welly_59Welly_59 Member Posts: 431
I have an interview lined up in a fortnight for a mid/senior level network orientated role. This is going to be a step up in responsibility and seniority from my current role.

Any advice on showing that I am to be trusted with a role which is a level above what I currently do?

Comments

• Options
    labscloudlabscloud Member Posts: 137 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Welly_59 wrote: »
    I have an interview lined up in a fortnight for a mid/senior level network orientated role. This is going to be a step up in responsibility and seniority from my current role.

Any advice on showing that I am to be trusted with a role which is a level above what I currently do?

Pray to the Old God's & New!
  • Options
    ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Pray to the IT God's and ask for their blessing icon_cheers.gif
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Just show that you are prepared and ready to assume a new role.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Demonstrate your ability to communicate and collaborate. Mangers will say hi to juniors but expect good coms from the person in the senior role. Also, get a sense of the manager's background. The last thing I want is to know more about the tech than my senior engineer.

Ask what problems they're trying to solve and find anything in your past to show you can help them with that.