Chickened out

Mr.Robot255Mr.Robot255 Member Posts: 196 ■■■□□□□□□□
Had my icnd1 booked for monday and have rescheduled til the 4th sept.

About 4 weeks ago i felt so confident about it i am not sure what happened but on several occassions since then i have had "BLANK" days , where i just can't focus/recall anything , Well not everything but important stuff that i've only just learnt in the ICND1, Things like subnetting etc i am fine with and anything that is covered in general networking (network+)
Things Like ACLs NAT SSH DHCP configuration i'm just drawing a blank on, i am not sure if this is a common thing, i was thinking maybe i have overstudied , literally everyday for last 12 weeks.

I am taking today and tomorrow off , and then coming back at it for week before the exam , just gonna write down some topics i don't feel confident on and go back through that material and my notes.

Anyone else had that situation before where a few weeks beforehand you "Peak" where everything makes sense and you feel you have great handle on it and then boom all gone?

Comments

• GeekyChickGeekyChick Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes, I had that today. I went to a job fair and before I got there I thought, I sure hope they don't ask me anything technical because I was sure I couldn't answer. :)

Sounds like stress to me. I bet if you can relax it will all come back to you. Oh and the job fair wasn't bad. My only problem was I didn't have a security clearance.
  • Mr.Robot255Mr.Robot255 Member Posts: 196 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes i put it down to stress too, lots of things trying to occupy my mind at same time

How do you even get security clearance? is that a U.S thing?
  • Welly_59Welly_59 Member Posts: 431
    Its an everywhere thing. I'm in UK, with our govt security clearance
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Anyone else had that situation before where a few weeks beforehand you "Peak" where everything makes sense and you feel you have great handle on it and then boom all gone?

Nope. Never. Not at all.

Now with that being said, just relax and refocus. I'm looking forward to you posting a passed thread on 4-Sep. Good luck!
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • dontstopdontstop Member Posts: 579 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I usually find when I reach that point it's time to put the books down and go outside and get some exercise. That's burnout. You're bouncing off the rev-limiter, time to take it easy for a few days. icon_thumright.gif
    Welly_59 wrote: »
    Its an everywhere thing. I'm in UK, with our govt security clearance

And how do you get security clearance in the UK ? Is it just a background check , like close friends/associates - family and yourself not having criminal records etc?

Thanks , yes i'm just doing practice quizzes for the weekend nothing heavy then gonna get back at it on monday.
    You will need a job which requires it before you can get it. Stupid process I know, but you have to have a sponsor to get clearance. And the sponsor is always an employer who has the need for security cleared staff.

There are a number of levels of clearance depending on the access you require to secret or top secret material.

Generally from an IT perspective it just means that you will be working on the infrastructure of a client who handles secret data. Such as managing the network of a defense contract. Or maintaining the servers for a intelligence agency etc.
    Or even just working on the service desk for a govt dept can mean you need security clearance
    Ah ok makes sense Thanks Welly