Options

CCIE-SP and EVPN coverage

lxxpbacklxxpback Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello All,
Just wanted to check with fellow people who also work on Service Provider 4.1 track.

Regarding L2VPNs and more specifically next generation Ethernet VPNs (EVPNs), I am struggling to find good information regarding practical implementation and troubleshooting.

It seems there are multiple books and Cisco Live videos explaining what EVPN is, but I find lack of configuration and troubleshooting guides. Even INE does not seem to have EVPN covered within SP track except VXLAN with BGP EVPN control plane as part of the Data Center track.

Did you guys come up to the same conclusion or may be I am missing something?

Thanks in advance for reading this.

Comments

• Options
    FadakartelFadakartel Member Posts: 144
    lxxpback wrote: »
    Hello All,
    Just wanted to check with fellow people who also work on Service Provider 4.1 track.

Regarding L2VPNs and more specifically next generation Ethernet VPNs (EVPNs), I am struggling to find good information regarding practical implementation and troubleshooting.

It seems there are multiple books and Cisco Live videos explaining what EVPN is, but I find lack of configuration and troubleshooting guides. Even INE does not seem to have EVPN covered within SP track except VXLAN with BGP EVPN control plane as part of the Data Center track.

Did you guys come up to the same conclusion or may be I am missing something?

Thanks in advance for reading this.

You should check Nicholas Russo SP book it has EVPN in it, though it`s at minimum 200 USD.