Options

Passed Project+ ‎PK0-004

aliomarbaliomarb Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Greetings to All

Passed the exam today with 805. Was expecting more ..... (I just wish I get to know which questions I got wrong icon_cry.gif)
Took exactly an hour. Time should not be an issue with this exam.

Having said that, some questions are not phrased too well. Could be a bit tricky. Incorporate use of common sense.
Read every question at least 3 times.

I just breezed through Kim Heldman's Sybex Study Guide once and made notes for each chapter.
Total preparation time was actually less than a week. An hour or two every day.

Next stop CISSP icon_cool.gif
Let me know if you have any queries.

Regards
--Ali

Comments

• Options
    AlternativeWisdomAlternativeWisdom Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey, Ali,
    I am a student that is looking to get the Project+ for credit ( and the cert :). I have taken a couple classes on general management, and have managed a team for the last year or so. Do you think this experience will carry over or is this exam much more IT based? Did you feel like you knew most of the stuff in the book when you read it for the first time?

Thanks,
    Evan
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! :)

Good luck on your next cert
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    aliomarbaliomarb Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Evan

Project+ is not focused on IT at all.
    It more about Management, Motoring, Process, getting organized, scheduling, costing, mitigating risk and basically delivering the product or service on a said date.
    If you are serious about giving the exam, do read Kim Heldman's Sybex Study Guide once.

You have some management knowledge & experience under your belt, but might not know how to calculate Critical Path or calculate ETC.
    Also you need to learn some Project oriented jargon such as Scope creep, SCRUM retrospective,crashing, forcing, etc...

Hope this answers your question.

Regards
    --Ali
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    mfogle3964mfogle3964 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Did you use material for pk0-004 to pass? I have pk0-003 but not sure how different it is...i read that the older version goes more in depth....suggestions?
  • Options
    angelahangelah Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Please share notes
  • Options
    Kenji NodaKenji Noda Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

And,

I just created a WhatsApp Group for talking and sharing info about CompTIA Exams Cert (exam 220-901/220-902/CS0-001/N10-006/PK0-004/SK0-004/SY0-501...etc.).

If you like to talk and share, please add the group here:

https://chat.whatsapp.com/8kmYS5su1bOCGGTIIlvY7R

Good luck, all!!!
  • Options
    lamont29lamont29 Member Posts: 27 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you have taken a project management course recently and you put some some effort in it, then you should pass this exam. I didn't use any prep material, it actually is a straight forward / common sense exam. Just read the book or take this exam right after you finish your PM course.