Options

LFCS Exam update coming next year

yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
"[FONT=&amp]On [/FONT][FONT=&amp]March 20, 2018[/FONT][FONT=&amp], the Domains and Competencies for the LFCS and LFCE Exams will be updated as part of our ongoing effort to ensure the exam reflects how practitioners use Linux. Any LFCS or LFCE Exam taken (i.e. sat for) before [/FONT][FONT=&amp]13:00 UTC[/FONT][FONT=&amp] on [/FONT][FONT=&amp]March 20, 2018[/FONT][FONT=&amp] will test on the current set of Domains and Competencies. Any LFCS or LFCE Exam sat for after [/FONT][FONT=&amp]13:00 UTC[/FONT][FONT=&amp] on [/FONT][FONT=&amp]March 20, 2018[/FONT][FONT=&amp], including free retakes, will test on the new set of Domains and Competencies (“Domains and Competencies V3.18”). It does not matter on what date you made the exam purchase; it only matters on what date you sit for the exam."

Right now the domains and competencies include the kitchen sink. Wonder if they'll be paring it back to a more realistic list. I'm going to take this exam probably either next month or possibly November. Been hitting this every day.[/FONT]
A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
In progress: OSCP

Comments

• Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    This is on my five cert exam list to accomplish before the end of the year. In fact, I have to take it by the end of November due to a special I purchased last year.

Good luck. I have the training site access, the Sander van Vugt videos from Pearson, and absolutely very little actual time to study for it. Very frustrating but, ultimately, doable if I put my mind to it.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    zesty2016zesty2016 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Yoba22, I was very interested to read your comments about the current LFCSv2.16 exam objectives as I am hoping to take the exam at the end of this month. I agree the current objectives are ridiculous, I particularly like the requirement to develop and test disaster recovery plans and train team members on new technology or changes to existing systems...all in two hours with others questions to deal with too.

However, looking at the new competencies, I see that they have completely dropped virtualisation. This seems like a huge and glaring error and networking (my particular Achilles heel) is still only 12% of the exam.

I really think that they have got their priorities wrong but I am (hopefully) not going to be examined on these competencies so I guess I do not have to worry
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Hoping to take LFCSA at the end of Sept '17
    Future study LFCE, RHCE & I wanna build my own distro
    Lose a few pounds - 28lbs - no progress on this yet :(
  • Options
    yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    zesty2016 wrote: »
    . . . However, looking at the new competencies, I see that they have completely dropped virtualisation. This seems like a huge and glaring error and networking (my particular Achilles heel) is still only 12% of the exam. . .

Virtualization is under the Service Configuration section now, last bullet point. They added containers too. Looks like overall they did get rid of the silly stuff.
    https://training.linuxfoundation.org/upcoming-program-changes-for-the-lfcs-certification-exam-in-2018
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP