question about vmware training and exam cost

2»

Comments

  • scott28ttscott28tt Posts: 667Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nicadeli wrote: »
    I also start the course on Oct 25th. I have a question for you, did you purchase the textbook (VMware vSphere: ICM V6 STUDENT eKit 6TH Edition )? Because I was able to find it on SCRIBD.com which is a monthly subscription ($icon_cool.gif. Plus you get 1 month for free.
    Yeah, that PDF is a violation - as it says in the box at the top and bottom of every page of the document.

    I would recommend removing your link from this post.
    VCP2 / VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP5 / VCAP4-DCA / VCI / vExpert 2010-2012
    Blog - http://vmwaretraining.blogspot.com
    Twitter - http://twitter.com/vmtraining
    Email - [email protected]
  • NicadeliNicadeli Posts: 3Registered Users ■□□□□□□□□□
    scott28tt wrote: »
    Yeah, that PDF is a violation - as it says in the box at the top and bottom of every page of the document.

    I would recommend removing your link from this post.

    Oops , I didn't know that. I thought it was a legit place, like Safari Books.
  • scott28ttscott28tt Posts: 667Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nicadeli wrote: »
    Oops , I didn't know that. I thought it was a legit place, like Safari Books.

    Would you mind removing the link please?
    VCP2 / VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP5 / VCAP4-DCA / VCI / vExpert 2010-2012
    Blog - http://vmwaretraining.blogspot.com
    Twitter - http://twitter.com/vmtraining
    Email - [email protected]
  • NicadeliNicadeli Posts: 3Registered Users ■□□□□□□□□□
    scott28tt wrote: »
    Would you mind removing the link please?

    I was trying to delete it but there's no option for me to edit my own post. Usually there's an Edit option but I don't have that option. Is there another way?
  • kj0kj0 Posts: 767Member
    PM a forum moderator/admin, they will do it for you.
    2017 Goals: VCP6-DCV | VCIX
    Blog: [URL]https://readysetvirtual.wordpress.com [/URL]
  • majorpaynemajorpayne Posts: 40Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    How long did people study to take the foundations ? This whole year I have been watching cbt nugget videos and building my own cluster at home . So this class is really just to get the check mark and maybe brush up on some things .
  • scott28ttscott28tt Posts: 667Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nicadeli wrote: »
    I was trying to delete it but there's no option for me to edit my own post. Usually there's an Edit option but I don't have that option. Is there another way?
    The PDF has been removed - so the link no longer works.
    VCP2 / VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP5 / VCAP4-DCA / VCI / vExpert 2010-2012
    Blog - http://vmwaretraining.blogspot.com
    Twitter - http://twitter.com/vmtraining
    Email - [email protected]
  • shtoooshtooo Posts: 10Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    majorpayne wrote: »
    How long did people study to take the foundations ? This whole year I have been watching cbt nugget videos and building my own cluster at home . So this class is really just to get the check mark and maybe brush up on some things .

    After I finished the Stanly Course, I took a week and read through "vSphere 6 Foundations Exam Official Cert Guide (Exam #2V0-620): VMware® Certified Professional 6", and passed easily the first time. If you take good notes in the course, and understand the point of the labs, it really covers all that you need. Good luck!
  • majorpaynemajorpayne Posts: 40Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    i didnt even know their was a foundations guide, thanks. will pick that up.
  • junilinuxjunilinux Posts: 43Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi STANLY_CC

    whether Stanly Community College provides those VMWare classes to students living outside of US such as Asia countries?
  • STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Senior Member Albemarle, NCPosts: 324Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes, we can serve students outside the country. Please feel free to pm here or send me an email at [email protected] if you have any further questions.
    junilinux wrote: »
    Hi STANLY_CC

    whether Stanly Community College provides those VMWare classes to students living outside of US such as Asia countries?
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Posts: 2,989Member ■■■■■■■■□□
    Just got an email to register for the January 17th class. Thanks for the information provided here.
  • nisti2nisti2 Posts: 481Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    Do you accept from Canada? I just send you an email.
    STANLY_CC wrote: »
    Yes, we can serve students outside the country. Please feel free to pm here or send me an email at [email protected] if you have any further questions.
    2019 Year goals:
    AWS Cloud Practitioner
    Willing to take: ITIL Foundation, 70-410
    "Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Senior Member Albemarle, NCPosts: 324Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes, we do accept students from Canada.
    nisti2 wrote: »
    Do you accept from Canada? I just send you an email.
  • STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Senior Member Albemarle, NCPosts: 324Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have posted this in other threads here on this site, but just in case some of you have not seen it yet:

    We must inform you that there are changes coming to this program in the next few months. VMware has informed academies worldwide that they will no longer be able to offer classes through Continuing Education programs as of July 31, 2018. Additionally, VMware is not going to allow academies to teach the official Install, Configure and Manage or Optimize and Scale classes as of July 31, 2018. A new VCA level course that will fulfill the class requirement for VCP certification will be available via an option in our curriculum program. More details will be available later this year.

    Stanly Community College (SCC) will have two more sessions of Install, Configure and Manage and Optimize and Scale through Continuing Education at our current pricing structure. The next session begins in March and the final session will be in May. To sign up for the class waitlist, go to https://www.stanly.edu/it-academy and click on the VMware IT Academy logo. You then need to click on Enroll Now and place your name on the waitlist. SCC will try to accommodate as many students as we can, but we cannot guarantee placement in either session. To be fair, we enroll students in the order they sign up on the waitlist.
Sign In or Register to comment.