ECIH and GCIH Similarities/Differences

SoCalGuy858SoCalGuy858 Member Posts: 150 ■■■□□□□□□□
tl;dr How much of a difference is there in the content between the ECIH and GCIH?

I attended SEC504 at SANSFIRE in July and have been prepping to sit for my GCIH. Unfortunately, WGU doesn't accept GCIH for the Cyber Defense and Countermeasures class.... only the ECIH.

I'm currently getting consistent mid 80's on their online practice exam and feel comfortable enough to just get'r'done.... but I'm worried that I'm not prepared for any EC Council-specific crap that's on the exam. I've never taken anything from them, but I've heard plenty about their less than stellar reputation.

Can anybody comment on this?
LinkedIn - Just mention you're from TE!

Comments

• scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
    As far as I know ECIH is pure process driven and talks about the processes/steps to invoke if an incident occurs (e.g. triage/risk assessment/isolation/impact assessment etc). Nothing hands on here like GCIH.
    AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...
  • yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    . . . Unfortunately, WGU doesn't accept GCIH for the Cyber Defense and Countermeasures class.... only the ECIH. . .
    . . . Can anybody comment on this?

What a load of garbage that is. Shame on you WGU.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • SoCalGuy858SoCalGuy858 Member Posts: 150 ■■■□□□□□□□
    yoba222 wrote: »
    What a load of garbage that is. Shame on you WGU.

Exactly... and to add insult to injury, they accept plenty of GIAC certifications for multiple different courses, including,the GCIH... but that can only apply to the Network Security - Applications course. icon_rolleyes.gif
    LinkedIn - Just mention you're from TE!
  • giannis1115giannis1115 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hello guyz , i'm about to give E|CIH cert very soon. Is the test similar with the samle one in their webpage (the one in the webpage was not so difficult). Are there any questions about tools usage ? (like nmap, netcat, nessus etc ? )
    Any other info or advise would be extremely helpful.
    thank you very much guyz.