Options

Is MSBLAST affecting you

shpshp Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just manually removed it from a couple of students computers following Symantec's instructions at the bottom of their removal page.That's why I use a modified Windows 98SE on my net work, fast and reliable.No antivirus or firewall now one more thing to do.
Can anyone instruct me on the method to filter (block) all ports and permit only port 80 on 98SE

Comments

• Options
    pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    Haha, My whole base went down for three day's.. When we were finally up and running again, I went and looked at the autoupdate on the shops computer.. There were over 32 critical updates not done. Including service packs.. IT at this base bites.. They screwed up royaly this time..

pandimus
    Xinxing is the hairy one.
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hehehehe - y'all get that pandimus icon_confused.gif

shp - install a software firewall. Personally I use Kerio as it is a lot more configurable than ZoneAlarm.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    surely, you will want more than just port 80 opened. do you not want email?
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    port 53 for DNS might be useful too ;)
  • Options
    nethersdenizennethersdenizen Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Has only affected my ISP, I have trouble connecting because they keep making changes to their systems and they are up and down all day or too loose or too restrictive. They claimed to have blocked these ports

69/UDP
    135/TCP
    135/UDP
    139/TCP
    139/UDP
    445/TCP
    445/UDP
    593/TCP
    4444/TCP

Not sure if they are related to the MSblaster or not didn't read much about it.

I don't even use Windows and I'm suffering too! no more TFTP and spotty service. Get what you pay for I guess, my ISP is www.freedialup.org

Worms and Viruses are a pain to deal with but also one of the many reasons why we get paid the big bucks to keep the systems working. Maybe I'll get a call to fix some SOHO setups and pick up a few dollars.

Have to look at the good side of things.
  • Options
    EnforcerEnforcer Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    had it both at work and at home, didn't take long to shift though.
    Mission statement : To change and deviate from the subject at the earliest opportunity.
  • Options
    AnthonyJD81AnthonyJD81 Member Posts: 187
    I have been unaffected at work and home icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    nethersdenizen
    Looking at that port list I get the feeling that your ISP is in panic mode and has no idea exactly what to do :D
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    kicker22kicker22 Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    seriously,

with this rate of speed that we are going with..with Windows security flaws and so on..... all our ports are gonna get blocked including port 80!!!

kicker