Options

Prob with Boson netsim

bhattnbikesbhattnbikes Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am using Boson netsim version 6. And sometimes it acts weird it turns down the interface and line protocols on both serial as well as fast ethernet interfaces and sometimes it doesnt. I turn it on by no shut command and on serial also specify the clocking rate. Just wondering if someone else faced this too.
For Latest TEch NEws Check out : http://directfromdigg.blogspot.com/

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    it acts weird
    Is it out of beta? Last time I could find their schedule it looked like they wouldn't be out of beta until 2007..... but now I can't find their development schedule link?

There are a few recent threads about NetSim..... so go to Forums, CCNA, and page back.....

The labs in the non-beta version usually work.... the beta... well... its beta. Anything outside of the labs..... save, reload, reconfigure the PCs... and maybe it might work. Also --- try several times. If it randomly works once, then it may randomly work again.

I've had working configs from real routers not work in NetSim..... but I still keep hoping that it works someday.....

If you post your configs -- someone may take pity on you and test in their version of NetSim or real routers and let you know if it is you (and your configs) or netsim that is having the problem.....
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    SVSV Member Posts: 166
    There are few bugs in the sims. Even I had some tough time with my NetSims initially. Try setting same clock rate in all the serial interfaces in ALL the routers.

Are you just trying to create a small LAN setup or is it a complex one ... or WAN? If you could post the router configurations, it will be helpfull.

Shiju
    Life is a journey...
  • Options
    sleemiesleemie Member Posts: 109
    i'm having the same problem, but only with my serial interfaces, the ethernet interfaces work fine, and it's with the labs. not sure which version, but just bought it a couple of months ago.

I put a help ticket in with them...don't have much hope of them resolving it, though, since it seems to be a widespread problem.
  • Options
    the_return_of_the_Ringthe_return_of_the_Ring Member Posts: 119
    I am using Boson netsim version 6. And sometimes it acts weird it turns down the interface and line protocols on both serial as well as fast ethernet interfaces and sometimes it doesnt. I turn it on by no shut command and on serial also specify the clocking rate. Just wondering if someone else faced this too.
    first you shall check if you configure the other side of the serial link.
    anyhow, i had similar experience. I'm using 6 final beta version.
  • Options
    hectorjhrdzhectorjhrdz Member Posts: 127
    i use boson final beta ver. and i too have some problems.

i was config. ospf in simple topology and i never had conectivity between devices, so i took the same config file and load onto an old version (3 ver. i can't remember)and it works perfect.

Finally a think that boson sims still have bugs so don´t be surprised when you have troubles with it even i f you know that you configuration is fine.