294 questions?

Bmac000Bmac000 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all, something I've learnt about MS exams is never become complacent with them so can I ask who has sat this puppy? what did you think of it? is there much overlap with 290/291/293? on a scale of 1-10 how hard is it, 10 being very hard or do not attempt (for example I would rate 291 as a 9). thanks

Comments

  • RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082
    I'd say that 294 was a 7 of 10. 291 was the hardest. 294 builds off of 293. Personally, I wouldn't suggest taking 294 until you have 291 and 293 done.
  • Bmac000Bmac000 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    RTmarc wrote:
    I'd say that 294 was a 7 of 10. 291 was the hardest. 294 builds off of 293. Personally, I wouldn't suggest taking 294 until you have 291 and 293 done.

    thanks for the post, lucky for me I have both done.
  • RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082
    My bad. I didn't read the cert listing on the left of the screen. There is a lot of overlap on 294 from the previous two.
  • Bmac000Bmac000 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    RTmarc wrote:
    My bad. I didn't read the cert listing on the left of the screen. There is a lot of overlap on 294 from the previous two.

    no probs I won't hold it against you and thanks
  • K_amisiK_amisi Inactive Imported Users Posts: 131
    Rtmarc according to what i've seen, i believe 294 is about active directory correct if i'm wrong.

    So how does group policy,site replication concern PKI,Clustering. Frankly i do not see the overlap icon_rolleyes.gif

    I agree to disagree.
    It is essential that justice be done, and it is equally vital that justice not be confused with revenge, for the two are wholly different."
  • eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    i haven't done it yet, but AD goes hand in hand with DNS, so that should be a big overlap.
    witty comment
  • RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082
    _omni_ wrote:
    i haven't done it yet, but AD goes hand in hand with DNS, so that should be a big overlap.
    Yep. That would be one example of overlap.
  • RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082
    K_amisi wrote:
    Rtmarc according to what i've seen, i believe 294 is about active directory correct if i'm wrong.

    So how does group policy,site replication concern PKI,Clustering. Frankly i do not see the overlap icon_rolleyes.gif

    I agree to disagree.

    Group Policy: Isn't Group Policy deployed through Active Directory?

    Site Replication: Don't you work with site replication, trusts, etc in Active Directory Sites and Services and Active Directory Domains and Trusts?

    PKI: Don't you use PKI and certificates for security settings and deploy them via Group Policy?

    When you actually have MCSE please feel free to comment on the content of the exam. Until that point, it's a good idea to not tell people what is or is not on it when you have not taken it yet.
  • K_amisiK_amisi Inactive Imported Users Posts: 131
    RTmarc don't assume that because you have MCSE you have become a God on earth,

    Let me also remind you that this is a free forum and everyone is entitled to an opinion..... As reminder i work with people with MCSE everyday who don't know jack. So i'm sorry to say i'm not impressed.

    Also i wrote i agree to disagree..................MR.MCSE that means...i am open to correction

    Also seeing your vengeful nature.....resist that temptation to turn this into a fight.

    I agree to disagree.
    It is essential that justice be done, and it is equally vital that justice not be confused with revenge, for the two are wholly different."
  • Spot1963Spot1963 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    K_amisi wrote:
    As reminder i work with people with MCSE everyday who don't know jack. So i'm sorry to say i'm not impressed.

    Sounds like you're surrounded by paper MCSE's.

    Or TCSE's as we call them. (**** Certified Sissy Engineers)
    MCP / MCDST / MCSA+M
    Passed the : 70-228 / 70-229 / 70-270 / 70-271 / 70-272 / 70-284 / 70-290 / 70-291
    Next to do : 70-350 / 70-293 / 70-299 / 70-294 / 70-297 / 70-285 / 70-298
  • K_amisiK_amisi Inactive Imported Users Posts: 131
    icon_sad.gif yeah that is reality for you!!! what is the use of getting a cert if you can't proove its worth........in the end a cert is just a piece of paper,what you can do is what matters.


    until then we live in a cruel reality......
    It is essential that justice be done, and it is equally vital that justice not be confused with revenge, for the two are wholly different."
Sign In or Register to comment.