Options

Passed CCNA Cyber Ops

2»

Comments

• Options
    NuclearBeavisNuclearBeavis Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    First off, congrats on CCNA CyberOps. It's one of my goals in the near future.

As far as the other poster's question goes about CCNA Sec vs CyberOps, they have completely different career paths in mind. The CCNA Sec is for someone who wants to be a network security admin, setting up appliances and firewalls. This kind of job specialty you'll likely only find at larger companies, although the knowledge can still be useful in a small environment where you have to do a little bit of everything. The CCNA CyberOps is for someone who wants to be a SOC analyst, examining packets and flows on a dashboard. Two very different certs. For someone who wants to work in the security field, CyberOps will be more valuable by far. CCNA Sec, ironically, is more for someone already in the networking field who's moving to specialize in security appliances.
  • Options
    mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    First off, congrats on CCNA CyberOps. It's one of my goals in the near future.

As far as the other poster's question goes about CCNA Sec vs CyberOps, they have completely different career paths in mind. The CCNA Sec is for someone who wants to be a network security admin, setting up appliances and firewalls. This kind of job specialty you'll likely only find at larger companies, although the knowledge can still be useful in a small environment where you have to do a little bit of everything. The CCNA CyberOps is for someone who wants to be a SOC analyst, examining packets and flows on a dashboard. Two very different certs. For someone who wants to work in the security field, CyberOps will be more valuable by far. CCNA Sec, ironically, is more for someone already in the networking field who's moving to specialize in security appliances.

This is a good explanation of differences between the two certs. I finally received a response from Cisco about the next cohort. I still think CCNA carries a better RIO compared to something like CSA+

I hope it gets added to DoD 8570 soon.
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• Options
    SleepCZSleepCZ Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @geekychick Hi, congrats for your new certification. Could you please review the official CCNA:CyberOps guides? I have read some bad reviews about nonsense in there and I would like to know whether is it actually worth of money. Is it good book which I can use for learning for exam AND the quality is high enough so I can read it even in 5 years and I will not cry how full of bullshit is it. Thanks a lot.
    :?:
  • Options
    nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wow apparently I'm out, I forgot to fill the last step for the Scholarship, I email them but nothing. And still havent received any news. icon_sad.gif
    But anyways I plan to take by February.

Was looking for the Price at Pearson Vue! 300 for the First one :O!!
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • Options
    Wow apparently I'm out, I forgot to fill the last step for the Scholarship, I email them but nothing. And still havent received any news. icon_sad.gif
    But anyways I plan to take by February.

Was looking for the Price at Pearson Vue! 300 for the First one :O!!
    GeekyChick wrote: »
    Awesome! I hope you get the same mentoring group I had. They were really good. Best of luck to you! I'm sure you'll do well!
    2020 Year goals:

• Options
    djmd808djmd808 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What do you mean you forgot? It doesn't have to be completed until Dec. 8 for cohort 5.
  • Options
    From last year. I was supposed to enter on the cohort for December.
    I forgot to fill the survey. The last survey. :S
    djmd808 wrote: »
    What do you mean you forgot? It doesn't have to be completed until Dec. 8 for cohort 5.
    2020 Year goals:

• Options
    joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! I start mine next month--I just started reading the books yesterday ^^
    WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)