Options

CCIE Re-Certification at 3 Years

AwesomeGarrettAwesomeGarrett Member Posts: 257
I was reading up on re-certifying my CCIE certification. When reviewing the suspend policy, it appears I can go 3 years until I am required to re-certify.

In my case, I do not work for a VAR or Cisco. I work for an enterprise which does not require my CCIE number. Therefore, if it goes into suspension, it does not affect my employment or certification.

Has anyone else reviewed the CCIE re-certification policy and came to the same conclusion?

Comments

• Options
    EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The way I read it, you could stretch it to as much as 4 years and 11 months under the following conditions:
    - You pass the lab or re-cert on Jan 1 2017, this makes expiration Jan 1, 2019
    - You pass the written or gain enough continuing ed credits (100) in Jan 2017 to recert. This makes recert Jan 1 2021
    - You fail to recert in time and go into suspended status
    - You pass a written or gain the continuing ed credits to become active again, prior to Dec 31, 2021.
  • Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    EANx wrote: »
    The way I read it, you could stretch it to as much as 4 years and 11 months under the following conditions:
    - You pass the lab or re-cert on Jan 1 2017, this makes expiration Jan 1, 2019
    - You pass the written or gain enough continuing ed credits (100) in Jan 2017 to recert. This makes recert Jan 1 2021
    - You fail to recert in time and go into suspended status
    - You pass a written or gain the continuing ed credits to become active again, prior to Dec 31, 2021.

This loophole was fixed a little while back. Below is a section from the updated policy:

"Candidates can only apply one passed written exam towards recertification for every 24 month recertification period." For CCIE, the recertification deadlines are always based from your original certification date, not on when you took your last recertification exam.
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11