Options

CISM and QAE

bsjj27bsjj27 Member Posts: 24 ■■□□□□□□□□
I’m scheduled to take the CISM this Friday and have been working through the QAE database. Other tests I’ve taken, such as SANS people reported that the practice questions were tougher than the actually test, can anyone confirm that this is the case for this test? I’m cramming for this, unfortunately I can’t reschedule the test as it’s the last day in the test cycle. I’m doing Objective Questions and specifically doing my test questions so that I’m assured that I see each question in each domain. I’m averaging about 70-75% now and on the one’s I’m getting wrong I’m narrowing it to two and of course I’m selecting the wrong answer go figure.

Comments

• Options
    jimjjimjjimjjimj Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I passed my CISM several weeks ago. I found the QAE database to be VERY close in style and difficulty to the real exam. In fact, basically the same. I wouldn't say they were easier or harder - they felt the same to me and did every single one of those questions!

If you are struggling, perhaps watch a few videos. I found the Cybrary CISM training videos to be really good (they're free).

And you could get a seven day free trial at SafariBooksOnline. There, you will find some videos by Sari Greene on CISA - yes, I know CISA is different - but if you ignore the videos on auditing, you will get decent info and training on CISM. (CISA is basically like CISM but with a load of auditor stuff added). I found Sari Greene's videos to be really good preparation.