ICND2 Passed (Previous Fail)

Failed about a month ago (I posted on here earlier).

I decided to start fresh and work my way through the topics a little more slowly. It gets frustrating at times because you're reading this stuff and telling yourself you already know it, but I'll spin up a PT lab and run through the motions several times to make sure it's concrete. I enrolled in a CCNA in 7 days Lab on UDEMY. Good stuff and I recommend if you're about to take your CCNA/ICND2 in a week.

Recommendation
As much as it is said, it can't be said enough... LAB LAB LAB LAB.
I designed small complex networks in PT for fun. Got creative, even stepped out of the CCNA domains several times for fun. You can only hope you break something so then you're spending several minutes (and even sometimes hours) figuring out where it's broken, you learn a lot.

There are free PT labs via google that are broken topologies that are timed and fun. It reminds me of the labs we did when I did a networking class in college. So give those a go.

Oh and, really get comfortable with IPV6. I thought I could maybe skate my way through it, and I regret that.

Goodluck!
Current: OSCP

Next: CCNP (R&S and Sec)

Follow my OSCP Thread!

Comments

• p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hey, congrats!!!
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • ThatboldMEThatboldME Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations..
    May i know the website on Google where you got to practice the free PT labs?
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Mr.Robot255Mr.Robot255 Member Posts: 196 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats moldygr33nb3an thanks for feedback
  • hunterthuntert Banned Posts: 231
  • Moldygr33nb3anMoldygr33nb3an Member Posts: 241
    ThatboldME wrote: »
    May i know the website on Google where you got to practice the free PT labs?

I think I downloaded all of these

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/thread/4933
    Current: OSCP

Next: CCNP (R&S and Sec)

Follow my OSCP Thread!
    Great , thank you
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.