What are some of the most "productive" methods of gaining CPE and knowledge?

kabooterkabooter Member Posts: 115
In the post CISSP world, we need to accumulate CPE. I am wondering what are some of the most productive metods (in terms of practical or theoretical knowledge)? For example is it better to do another course like PMP, SOME SORT OF hippa OR iso RELATED certification that can help one get both CPEs and certs? Or any particular online learning course?

Comments

• Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It depends on your work focus. I fill my CPE limit easily within a couple months then just stockpile the rest in an email folder throughout the year for any reason why I might have to add more. Since productive is relative I get CPEs from podcasts during my work commute. I already have to drive there, now I'm doing two things at once, productive, hah.
  • kabooterkabooter Member Posts: 115
    Danielm7 wrote: »
    It depends on your work focus. I fill my CPE limit easily within a couple months then just stockpile the rest in an email folder throughout the year for any reason why I might have to add more. Since productive is relative I get CPEs from podcasts during my work commute. I already have to drive there, now I'm doing two things at once, productive, hah.
    Well three things in your case, commuting, getting CPEs and gaining knowledge!
  • SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I am only SSCP, so I have "only" 20 CPE to have per year. However I will be soon CISSP so I took a few minutes about my plan to keep it. I like to be as painless as it can be. My tactic is to go to a security conference/training once a year so I can accumulate many CPE in group A then I can complete with Cybrary/Pluralsight course or other webcast. Also reading their magazine is an easy way to accumulate 10-12 Group A CPE per year with a minimal investment in time and money.
  • laurieHlaurieH Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Probably the easiest way is to watch the webinars that are recorded. You can access them via your ISC2 account and the CPEs are automatically credited to you.
    CCNA - expired
    CISSP - live n' kickin'
    My CISSP study apps
    My CISSP study advice blog
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,227 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I've gotten the bulk of my CPEs from training (SANS, Splunk, QRadar) and certification self-study (CEH, CISM). I also get two CPEs every two months for reading the Infosecurity Professional Magazine and passing the quizzes. I used to listen to podcasts for one CPE per podcast, but just stopped for no particular reason.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS