Options

Installing a hard drive with windows 98 on a different PC

TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
I got my hands on a hard drive with windows 98 installed. My Pc has 2 hard drivers and i have windows XP installed. What will be the fastest and easiest way to dual boot winXP and win98, without formatting.

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Unless that drive came out of your computer that will be dual booting, you will have driver issues and other problems if you try to boot to it without reinstalling.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    the driver came from a different computer. you think its gonna be a hassle if i dual boot it on my PC?
  • Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    The drive with 98 will not have the drivers for your motherboard, PCI cards or anything else that has to do with that computer.
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    i can install them or just ignore them. I build my own system so if theres something that i need to use, i can find it very easy.

Besides, this is only so i can get a feel of win98 for the A+ Os part.
  • Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Win98 has so many strange issues switching systems with video and networking that you are better off just reinstalling it.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    For the amount of questions on W98 on the A+ test, I wouldn't go to the trouble of installing it. You might get 5 questions on the test that are W98 related.
    All things are possible, only believe.