Options

Recertification confusion

MitMMitM Member Posts: 622 ■■■■□□□□□□
It's been awhile since I looked at VMware certs.From what I remember, if I pass a VCP exam, that certification will be valid for 2 years. I can recertify by passing any VCP in a different track, latest exam in the same track, or by passing a VCAP exam.Here's my confusion. VCAP certifications do not expire? From what I can find, VMware site only lists VCP when it talks about recertification. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems, I can certify as VCP and then become a VCAP. If I do nothing within two years, I'll still be certified with VCAP, but my VCP will expire? I would then just need to keep up with the VCAP exam versions (in the same track) not to have to pass a VCP exam againSeems for the NV track, if you pass the deploy VCAP6-NV, you'll automatically get VCIX6-NV. The question then becomes how would you become a VCIX7-NV :)

Comments

• Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    VCAP doesn't expire. VCAP doesn't renew the lower VCP now (changed with 6). You can become VCIX7-NV when you pass VCAP7-NV series.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • Options
    MitMMitM Member Posts: 622 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks Dave. So right now, since VCAP6-NV Design doesn't exist, if you pass VCAP6-NV Deploy, you'll automatically become VCIX6-NV. If there is a VCAP7-NV Deploy and VCAP7-Design, you'll need to pass both to upgrade to VCIX7-NV?

I always thought the whole point of them adding recertification was to eliminate the version numbers in the certification name?