TheAmericanTheAmerican Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
When will material on the new test 501 be out.

- Also what will be the best books to buy

Comments

• shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You have time to take the 401 till like mid 2018...with many editions of books of this exam you should go ahead & just study for this older test, IMO.
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You want us to guess on which will be the best book to buy when they haven't even been released yet?? icon_scratch.gif
  • TheAmericanTheAmerican Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You want us to guess on which will be the best book to buy when they haven't even been released yet?? icon_scratch.gif
    shochan wrote: »
    You have time to take the 401 till like mid 2018...with many editions of books of this exam you should go ahead & just study for this older test, IMO.

I thought The regular guys that come out with material would have it already. Just finding out that it might take a few months or longer for someone to have a legit study guide prepared

icon_redface.gif
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Only one company, to my knowledge, has anything ready at the moment. When I find their information I will post it.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Looks like Safari books online has some SEC+ 501 videos and the Glen E Clarke practice questions book available - didn't actually view the videos but I did look at the practice questions book out of curiosity. All the others look like mid-October to December before they're going to be out.
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    no one cares if you passed 401 vs 501. with the amount of material for the 401 and its retire date posted, you should have plenty of time to pass this exam.

It is only going to get harder.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • marky macmarky mac Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I wonder how many percent of questions they replace when they introduce a new version.. Just curious. Like, if I know the materials covered in the textbook for 401 reasonably well, I could still expect to pass 501, if barely?
  • duta74duta74 Member Posts: 143 ■■□□□□□□□□
    When will material on the new test 501 be out.

- Also what will be the best books to buy

CompTIA Security+ Resource Center: Save up to 40% on Books, eBooks, and Video | Pearson IT Certification