In what order to take the exams?

TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
After you have passed the A+ exam, is there any particular order to take the rest of the exams?

edit: another question, which certificates are lifetime certificates?

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    TheFORCE wrote:
    After you have passed the A+ exam, is there any particular order to take the rest of the exams?

All Comptia exams are for life, as are M$ exams. Cisco requires renewal every few years.

As for the exam order, well, which exams are talking about? Which direction are looking at in IT, what do you want to do?
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    TheFORCE wrote:

Take exam #1, then exam #2.... if you get real brave do exam #3 but bring your own pastry knife.
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Ricka182 wrote:
    TheFORCE wrote:

All Comptia exams are for life, as are M$ exams. Cisco requires renewal every few years.

As for the exam order, well, which exams are talking about? Which direction are looking at in IT, what do you want to do?

Well im looking towards whatever field will get me a job first. I only have 2 more college courses to get my BS in computer science. Because im relatlively new to the US and only recently got work authorization i dont really have any experience working for a company or anything like that. Thats why im taking the exams, hoping they might worth something on the resume.
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    With no experience, you may want to look at entry level jobs like help desk/support or PC tech. You could look at Net+, followed by MCDST, which is only two exams. Again, it depends on what you want to do in the long run. M$ are geared towards system administration, while Cisco are all networking technologies.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Ah i see, so comptia and MS ceritificates are lifetime, well then i might just go for those then. im interested in networking and operating systems and some secutity too. thanks a lot for the replies.
  • jim_staszjim_stasz Member Posts: 123
    A MCP cert will do nothing but help and with MS 2nd chance promo I dropped going after anymore CompTIA's and started my MS path.