Options

So what is the ISACA mindset that one needs to understand for CISA & CISM exams?

jaguaarjaguaar Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
Can someone please post some examples of what exactly you mean when it is said that one needs to understand isaca mindset? Are we talking about business needs transcending technical needs?
is it something like a situation where one is auditing, comes across a worm that is propogating fast and needs to decide whether to stop auditing immediately or continue but cut off the pc being audited?

Comments

• Options
    fatherpleasefatherplease Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    jaguaar wrote: »
    Can someone please post some examples of what exactly you mean when it is said that one needs to understand isaca mindset? Are we talking about business needs transcending technical needs?
    is it something like a situation where one is auditing, comes across a worm that is propogating fast and needs to decide whether to stop auditing immediately or continue but cut off the pc being audited?

Hello jaguaar

An ISACA mindset is understanding how ISACA asks its questions, and how to answer them. It's not a complex thing , for example when you are using QAE Manual of DB, you should try to read the explanations, to every correct answer , and also understand why the other three options are wrong. Another way of getting the ISACA mindset is to grasp the concepts as per Official CRM.
    I feel as if I were a piece in a game of chess, when my opponent says of it: That piece cannot be moved.- Soren Kierkegaard
  • Options
    jaguaarjaguaar Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hello jaguaar

An ISACA mindset is understanding how ISACA asks its questions, and how to answer them. It's not a complex thing , for example when you are using QAE Manual of DB, you should try to read the explanations, to every correct answer , and also understand why the other three options are wrong. Another way of getting the ISACA mindset is to grasp the concepts as per Official CRM.
    oK, so it is not something very tricky or counter intutive. Thanks.
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    After going through enough of the ISACA practice questions you will understand.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    mattster79mattster79 Member Posts: 135 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I’ve found there is a big difference to the ISACA mindset and the ISC2 (CISSP) mindset. Both want you to approach the question as a manager, but I find the ISACA way is to approach the questions as a more senior manager.
    CISSP
    CISM
  • Options
    SnooperSnooper Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    aye? Will it be possible to provide some sort of made up example?
    mattster79 wrote: »
    I’ve found there is a big difference to the ISACA mindset and the ISC2 (CISSP) mindset. Both want you to approach the question as a manager, but I find the ISACA way is to approach the questions as a more senior manager.