Any good Apps?

HCPS123HCPS123 Member Posts: 54 ■■■□□□□□□□
I was wondering if anyone has found any good apps to use to study for the ICND1 (and or 2)? I have an Iphone so Android apps won't be too helpful for me but feel free to post them for Android phone people who are also curious if their are any good ICND1 apps out there.

Comments

• hunterthuntert Banned Posts: 231
    not sure if iphone has app for cybrary.it
  • jibtechjibtech Member Posts: 424 ■■■■■□□□□□
    There is an iPhone Cybrary app, and the cybrary content is fantastic. But neither of the exams is conducive to a question and answer study method. Both tests require significant time labbing, either in a simulator or on the real equipment.

An app is great for the videos, etc. but it won't cover everything you need to do for preparation.
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Cisco has a simple little app called binary game. It's nothing special but it really helps improve your speed with conversions.

I used that and subnetting.net to really improve my subnetting speed.

Good Luck.
    Jon
  • hunterthuntert Banned Posts: 231
    there is also a packet tracer app but you need to set up a username and password at netacad.com
  • HCPS123HCPS123 Member Posts: 54 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the tips everyone! I appreciate them!
  • thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    A flash card could be useful for help memorizing commands and concepts. I think just the act of creating your own flash cards helps you learn the material. The added benefit is you can use your flash card app to fill in dead time when you might not have access to your other study materials, lab, etc.
  • HCPS123HCPS123 Member Posts: 54 ■■■□□□□□□□
    thomas_ wrote: »
    A flash card could be useful for help memorizing commands and concepts. I think just the act of creating your own flash cards helps you learn the material. The added benefit is you can use your flash card app to fill in dead time when you might not have access to your other study materials, lab, etc.

Thanks Thomas for the advice, I'll definitely look into it!