GPO Not Applied (Unknown)

jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
I've checked everything that I could.
Authenticated users have read/special permissions. The computer Configuration Properties show that the GPO Not Applied (Unknown) and the Group Policy Error that it shows says, "Failed to open the Group Policy Object. You might not have the appropriate rights."
Details: "There is no such object on the server"
But I made the GPO twice.
On one of the affected computers I did "set user" in the command prompt and the domain information is correct.
The time is correct.
DNS is correct.
I've taken computers out of the domain, did a gpupdate and rejoined the domain and then did a gpupdate /force. No change.
I've done gpresult /R and the policy isn't showing up on the computer that I'm trying to fix.
This is affecting all of the computers.


Anyone has any advice?
Booya!!
WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
*****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****

Comments

  • PhalanxPhalanx I have many leatherbound books... United KingdomMember Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I take it the policy is enforced?
    Can you create a policy elsewhere on the domain successfully? Perhaps on a test OU?
    Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
    Server & Networking: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
    Currently Studying: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I've tried on a test OU and nothing worked. I haven't been able to make a successful policy.

    This happened after working on setting up firefox to be installed by using ADX (can't remember exactly what it's called).


    This is what I have:
    https://imgur.com/a/DzJiv

    I can get into the sysvol folder and I have access to the files.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • PhalanxPhalanx I have many leatherbound books... United KingdomMember Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Have you tried doing this on another DC in the domain? It might be a problem on that particular machine. If you're not on it already, I would suggest trying it on the PDC Emulator. If it already is the PDCE, then it might be worth transferring it and trying on another DC.
    Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
    Server & Networking: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
    Currently Studying: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Its on all the machines.
    The computers that I've tried, have old policies that I unlinked and show an unknown error message for the unsuccessful policy.

    I went to another DC and updated the policy on the OU from there. I'll have to check it out. I haven't rebooted the server or anything. I might try that.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
Sign In or Register to comment.