Friend requests

Comments

• IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    i hear the shirt is more potent than the three wolf moon shirt... be careful, my friend.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I must admit, that shirt does look pretty awesome icon_lol.gif
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    E Double U wrote: »
    For you losers with no friends, I'll accept a friend request if you send me the invite. Purely out of pity.

For those I offend with my offbeat sense of humor, I would gladly accept an adversary request. Until TE adds a foe feature we could just maintain an enemies list in our signatures.

I can't believe I'm still in this thread instead of helping some TE noob with his **** request.
    ****? That sounds like toilet humor to me...
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Hmmm.... been a TE member for 6 years and have 5 friends. I think 4 of them stopped posting.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • nascar_paulnascar_paul Member Posts: 288 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Me too! I get involved studying and don't keep up with the account as well as I should, I think
    2017 Goals: 70-411 [X], 74-409 [X], 70-533 [X], VCP5-DCV [], LX0-103 [], LX0-104 []
    "I PLAN to fail!" - No One Ever
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I don't think its fair to make me laugh so hard while at work, having one of those... how do I put this.... A bad end-user day. I mean today has been utterly classic in the negative sense. Having seen the icon on the T-shirt tells me my interpretation of the concert hall was all wrong.

Security! Show this man the door!

That was at 9:00AM and the day only got worse from there.

- b/eads
    beads wrote: »
    I don't think its fair to make me laugh so hard while at work, having one of those... how do I put this.... A bad end-user day. I mean today has been utterly classic in the negative sense. Having seen the icon on the T-shirt tells me my interpretation of the concert hall was all wrong.

Security! Show this man the door!

That was at 9:00AM and the day only got worse from there.

- b/eads

Sorry you're having a bad day. Kick them in the baby maker and run.... ok. Don't follow my advice on that one. I hope your day got better.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • jibtechjibtech Member Posts: 424 ■■■■■□□□□□
    So, back to the shirts.

How do I get one?!
    https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/1843897-katie-cat?store_id=132388

I could even get a design for you on a thong depending on what your size is.

Also sharing my love of Snort and ISE: https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/1846654-snort-mech?store_id=132388

Fun story, one of my coworkers decided to t-r-o-l-l me by getting his corp directory pic redone to this:

I decided to "improve" the picture for him:

He may have not put that as his corp directory photo... but I made sure it ended up in enough executive slide decks with management :P
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    No on the thong. Such a horribly bad idea for so very many reasons.

But, shirt just ordered!
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    jibtech...you need to take a picture of you wearing it and use it as your avatar here...that would be too epic!
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
    I was thinking I should wear it under my gown at WGU graduation.

As a WGU grad, I thought Iris might appreciate that the most.
    Hahahha that's awesome. I actually never went to the graduation icon_sad.gif
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    beads wrote: »
    I don't think its fair to make me laugh so hard while at work, having one of those... how do I put this.... A bad end-user day.

beads can laugh???

I bet there is some end-user there thinking he/she is having a bad day and then had to deal with the a**hole security guy lol.

dave330i wrote: »
    Hmmm.... been a TE member for 6 years and have 5 friends.

Pathetic.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Having your face on a shirt that cost $14, your at the apex of your career. When your shirt shows up on a boardwalk discount shop for 99 cents, is when you know your out of fashion. icon_lol.gif
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
    TechGromit wrote: »
    Having your face on a shirt that cost $14, your at the apex of your career. When your shirt shows up on a boardwalk discount shop for 99 cents, is when you know your out of fashion. icon_lol.gif

Just make sure your life goals are to be like Madonna and stay hip though multiple decades of music :P
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    LoL. Laughing my butt off over here. My wife is going to be amused that more people are wearing her photoshoppin' job. Remember: Nothing says manly like cats and lasers/
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah I've had quite a few of those people who have added me and they have close to no rep. Just makes me more popular! ;) Life after all is a popularity contest is it not! hahahaha.
  • xxxkaliboyxxxxxxkaliboyxxx Member Posts: 466
    I came here to support cats on T-Shirts (love the shirt, I'm a little jelly), but not IRL fan of cats cause of allergies and they always seem suspicious to me.
    Studying: GPEN
    Reading
    : SANS SEC560
    Upcoming Exam: GPEN
    No need to be jelly. Your very own shirt is just an online order away.

As for cats, yeah.... they were clearly a mistake.
    Life after all is a popularity contest is it not!

I can attest to this. My marketable skills are minimal so I get by on charm and good looks. icon_cheers.gif
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    He may have not put that as his corp directory photo... but I made sure it ended up in enough executive slide decks with management :P

Everyone needs to get one of these shirts and make it their corporate directory photo and social media profile pics. Start a movement!

And as for the actual thread topic, I've still only got the same 6 friends that I've had for years on here. I'm only certain who a couple of them are, and haven't interacted with any of them in quite some time.
  • joshuamurphy75joshuamurphy75 Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I want a shirt like that. I'm just not sure it's appropriate considering I don't really know Iris.

Same reason I don't have any Metallica t-shirts.
  • danarzudanarzu Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It's strange. No request by my side
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Its TechGromit's avatar. Mine should be of the Security Squirrel on my desk but that would require audio-visual help. LOL

- b/eads
  • NuclearBeavisNuclearBeavis Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I had friends once, but then I deleted facebook. Some internet articles told me those people probably weren't friends anyways, but then I read another article that said not to believe anything I read on the internet.
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I want a shirt like that. I'm just not sure it's appropriate considering I don't really know Iris.

Sounds like that would make the shirt even funnier when people ask about it.

RandomPerson: "Hey, who is that shirt of?"
    You: "Oh, just some random person on a tech forum. Don't really know them."
    **insert awkward silence here**
    Then you just walk away from the person without saying a word.

Would only be really weird if you have a closet full of them in all the different colors. At least that is what my wife keeps telling me... icon_scratch.gif
  • joshuamurphy75joshuamurphy75 Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I suppose doing so wouldn't be any worse than the time I walked into a coworker's office and asked if they have ever looked at cheese through a microscope.
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    RandomPerson: "Hey, who is that shirt of?"

I'd just say it was my girlfriend, they are not going to know it's a fabrication.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.