DW [banned]DW [banned] Inactive Imported Users Posts: 240
Let's see...

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□

I know this is off-topic...

Not really off topic Darby, its a typical of your style.
    Im also thinking about writing loads of thread about myself proclaiming how great i am.Changing the thread titles each time, its ingenious..
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
  • Options
    HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    ed_the_lad wrote:

I know this is off-topic...

Not really off topic Darby, its a typical of your style.
    Im also thinking about writing loads of thread about myself proclaiming how great i am.Changing the thread titles each time, its ingenious..

I don't think he is writing about how great he is, it's merely his experiences in the IT world. I myself am a junior network analyst at a large construction company and everything he says about being in the IT world is true. Long hours of work, being on call nights and weekends. At the company I work at there are many many weekends spent at the datacenter and away from loved ones. Let's not forget how everyone thinks that its a "network" or "routing" problem and they want it fixed PRONTO!

Anyways darby, I admire your motivation to get this certification, keep up the good work!
    Now working full time!
  • Options
    Thanks Modemhumper,
    :)
  • Options
    forbeslforbesl Member Posts: 454
    Please pardon Ed and others of his ilk. They are typical of many new (certified less than a year) CCNAs. They get the cert and suddenly they are God's gift to the networking world, sometimes standing on a very tall soapbox.

The fact is, those of us who've been doing this for a while realize that the more you learn, the more you understand how little you really know. You're doin' fine, Darby. I honestly don't take the time to read through your long posts, but I can tell you're honestly excited about this.

I used to be like that, but upper management sometimes has a way of sucking out any excitement that you exhibit.
  • Options
    darkuserdarkuser Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    nuglobenuglobe Member Posts: 190
    GenshiroGuide: My blog about things I found useful. Now with videos. :)
  • Options
    TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    Darby, I've read everyone of your long winded, self-absorbed posts... My opinion... keep 'em coming.

I enjoy reading about what the future holds for me if I choose that path. Its given me the desire to head down the cisco route.

Hell, create a Darby rants forum. I'd sign up.

Ed, I'd start the whole schpeel about third world living = third world manners but that would be slagging the third world. Their manners are much better.
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?