Cpe

tripleatriplea Member Posts: 190 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi,

After some advice please, new to being an SSCP and I find their site quite uninformative in places. Maybe I'm just being dim.

I'm trying to start getting some CPE's under my belt but find it confusing so thought I would ask you guys instead.

With regards to webinars etc do you just view them and submit them on their CPE page? some other pages seem to want to register ( from within the ISC site ) other suggest they will submit on their behalf.

I did try live help but they just basically send me back round to these same pages/links. Starting to bang my head a bit.

Can anyone assist please?

Comments

• tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I've taken webinars through Bright Talk that I've submitted for CPEs.
    https://www.brighttalk.com/

I've also taken free courses on Cybrary that gained me CPEs.
    http://www.cybrary.it

There are plenty of other sources.

When I finish one, I just log into my ISC(2) account and submit them. Never a problem.
  • tripleatriplea Member Posts: 190 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks,

So basically I just log onto some of those links ( which may require a new account to be setup for that site ) watch them and submit them to ISC?

For cybrary for instance I see theres lots of course marked down as giving CPE but yet have nothing to with security ( Comptia a+ is up to 45 cpe?? ) do you need to be looking at certain things?

Other sites that take note of your membership submit on your behalf?

How do they verify? ( I see reading the magazine requires you to answer some questions )

I didnt want to watch through something for an hour then find out it couldnt be validated.

Cheers.
  • SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Basically, you watch and you submit your CPE on the ISC2 website. They recommend that you keep a proof in case of an audit. Pluralsight and Cybrary offer some certificate of completion. For other webinar, keep some trace, like the confirmation email, that should be enough.

Some webinar offer to submit your CPE on your behalf, but it is only a matter of convenience.
    Thanks,

As above with cybrary? does it have to be security related? see my A+ comment above.
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    SC Magazine will (eventually) submit CPEs for various webcasts and events. As I eluded earlier, some of these organizations are known for really taking their time submitting information that your counting on. If your getting down close to the wire or want to see those credits added right away - do so manually.

InfoSec Magazine quizes are nearly instant once you complete a passing score or 7 of 10. Those are worth 2 CPEs. Subscribing to SC magazine (Digital is always free while print is available on a limited free basis) and is worth 5 CPEs a year.

Basically you can get most all of your CPEs just doing ISC(2) activities no problem, many do. I use many of the ISC(2) resources but add a few outside webinars, particularly for the HCISPP and CCSP which need more targeted training.

You have a 10 percent, random chance, of being audited each three year cycle.

- b/eads
    its a broadening of the 'activities' your referring too please lol
  • tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    triplea wrote: »
    Thanks,

As above with cybrary? does it have to be security related? see my A+ comment above.

I took Cybrary's risk management training and applied it to one of the domains for SSCP.
    Basically, you watch and you submit your CPE on the ISC2 website. They recommend that you keep a proof in case of an audit. Pluralsight and Cybrary offer some certificate of completion. For other webinar, keep some trace, like the confirmation email, that should be enough.

Some webinar offer to submit your CPE on your behalf, but it is only a matter of convenience.

I don't understand, I have to pay for the course completion/exam cert ( to prove done? - cybrary )
    First submission - audited icon_smile.gif
  • SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Cybrary has a small fee, but Pluralsight no.