Passed CCENT Exam

McElhinneyMcElhinney Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I am new to the forum and thought I would introduce myself.

I have recently passed the ICND1 exam at the end of September and am now in the process of studying towards achieving my CCNA certification.

My exam experience was not the best and failed the CCENT twice before passing. I could blame a number of factors, but instead I have taken it on the chin and learned from it.

My advice is simply never give up.
2017/2018 Certifications Gained: CCNA R&S, CCNA Sec.
2018/2019 Certification Goals: CCNA Cyber OPs.

Comments

• Chev ChelliosChev Chellios Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass man and great attitude to have there, keep going and don't give up!
  • ThatboldMEThatboldME Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations :)
    May I know you're study strategy!?
  • McElhinneyMcElhinney Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ThatboldME wrote: »
    Congratulations :)
    May I know you're study strategy!?

The foundation of my studies was a crash course paid for by my employer.

In addition to that, I spent 1-2 hours per day (Not religiously) for approximately 4 months using study materials such as the official cert guide by Wendell Odom, videos, Cisco labs, and Cisco's study guide.

I also believe my failures played a part in finally achieving the CCENT certificate as the exam results outlined the areas that needed more attention.
  • ThatboldMEThatboldME Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Highly appreciate it . Your perception is very encouraging ,since I am on my way to the CCENT, thank you
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Perseverance pays off Congrats!

[h=2]Sea[/h]

:
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Harry RolesHarry Roles Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • NuclearBeavisNuclearBeavis Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Are you jumping right into ICND2 now?
  • McElhinneyMcElhinney Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Are you jumping right into ICND2 now?

That is the plan. I have taken a couple of weeks away from studying to spend it with the family. I have resumed my studies this week and hope to be CCNA certified by Christmas.
  • NuclearBeavisNuclearBeavis Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    McElhinney wrote: »
    That is the plan. I have taken a couple of weeks away from studying to spend it with the family. I have resumed my studies this week and hope to be CCNA certified by Christmas.

Good call. I took too many months off between ICND1 and ICND2. Made getting back into it kind of rough.
  • hunterthuntert Banned Posts: 231