Just Passed CSA+

lunchbox67lunchbox67 Posts: 131Member
I wanted to keep my other CompTIA certs valid so I decided taking the CSA+ would be the way for me to do it. They expire in November so not a ton of time. I got a deal on two CSA+ vouchers. So my plan was to study a bit, take the test to get a feel for it, the pass it the second time.

Took it today and passed by 20 points, close but a pass is a pass.

For a book I used - CompTIA CSA+ Study Guide: Exam CS0-001 - Wiley - Mike Chapple, David Seidl
For practice tests I used Udemy. At $10, why not. And CertMaster ... the 2 vouchers.

I am pretty sure anyone who studied this matterial would be able to pass too.

Comments

• tuxedoturtletuxedoturtle Posts: 19Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
  • palmett0palmett0 Posts: 19Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    Very nice, congratulations!

I am in the process of going through the same book you read.
  • averageguy72averageguy72 Senior Member Posts: 254Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
  • 3online3online Posts: 19Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    lunchbox67 wrote: »
    I wanted to keep my other CompTIA certs valid so I decided taking the CSA+ would be the way for me to do it. They expire in November so not a ton of time. I got a deal on two CSA+ vouchers. So my plan was to study a bit, take the test to get a feel for it, the pass it the second time.

Took it today and passed by 20 points, close but a pass is a pass.

For a book I used - CompTIA CSA+ Study Guide: Exam CS0-001 - Wiley - Mike Chapple, David Seidl
    For practice tests I used Udemy. At $10, why not. And CertMaster ... the 2 vouchers.

I am pretty sure anyone who studied this matterial would be able to pass too.

Did you find udemy practice tests helpful?
  • kMastaFlashkMastaFlash Posts: 1,012Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    2018: CCSK
    2019: CWSP,Cloud+,Project+,CASP,PenTest+,CWNA,CCNA Security,GXPN,GREM
    2021: LPIC-2,JNCIS-ENT,eLearnSecurity Courses
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Posts: 1,472Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
  • catqueenbbcatqueenbb Posts: 9Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats. I am too studying for this certification. I am done ready the csa study guide by chapelle. Bought the udemy practice questions, they contained a lot of spelling and grammar mistakes, ended up asking for a refund. I am now looking into buying cybrary labs questions to get prepared for this.
  • greg9891greg9891 Posts: 1,152Member ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats!
    Certs Gained 2018: 210-255 ( Cyber Security Operations)
    Upcoming: Ccent, CTT, 210-250 (Cyber Security Fundamentals)

Isaiah 28:10 - For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line; here a little, and there a little.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Gaming Tech Expert Silicon Valley, CAPosts: 3,985Member ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."
  • KandinskyKandinsky Posts: 108Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats. I was studying for this one too a few months ago, but then stuff happened and I ended up getting the Server+ instead, which renewed my A+ and network+ for another 3 years. I'm working on a couple minor certs right now. I may just let the Security+ expire, because I do plan on getting the CSA+ at some point, and it's a higher level cert than the Sec+ anyway. BTW, I noticed you also have security+. What was the difficulty comparison between CSA+ and Sec+?
  • LSageeLSagee Posts: 38Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats!
  • GettingThereSoonGettingThereSoon Posts: 19Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    Kandinsky wrote: »
    Congrats. I was studying for this one too a few months ago, but then stuff happened and I ended up getting the Server+ instead, which renewed my A+ and network+ for another 3 years. I'm working on a couple minor certs right now. I may just let the Security+ expire, because I do plan on getting the CSA+ at some point, and it's a higher level cert than the Sec+ anyway. BTW, I noticed you also have security+. What was the difficulty comparison between CSA+ and Sec+?

I recently passed both so I throw my 2 cents...

Security+ seems to have more low-level technical questions than CSA+, e.g., subnetting, Linux commands (I got 2 questions on Linux firewall using "lptable" which I knew nothing about). I got 3 sims in both exams. Funny thing is - Security+ has 1 sim almost exactly like the one I saw in one examdump...and the sad thing is I didn't study/remember it. So when I prep for CSA+, I made sure I fully study/remember every sim I saw in the examdump....and I encountered one sim exactly like in the ****. Difficulty level (for me) CSA+ is higher than Security+ because CSA+ covers more topics. But I also felt CSA+ questions are more at higher level than Security+, that is CSA+ seems focus on why we doing this way while Security+ focus on how we doing it.
  • PrinceSingh91PrinceSingh91 Posts: 1Registered Users ■□□□□□□□□□
    I recently passed both so I throw my 2 cents...

Security+ seems to have more low-level technical questions than CSA+, e.g., subnetting, Linux commands (I got 2 questions on Linux firewall using "lptable" which I knew nothing about). I got 3 sims in both exams. Funny thing is - Security+ has 1 sim almost exactly like the one I saw in one examdump...and the sad thing is I didn't study/remember it. So when I prep for CSA+, I made sure I fully study/remember every sim I saw in the examdump....and I encountered one sim exactly like in the ****. Difficulty level (for me) CSA+ is higher than Security+ because CSA+ covers more topics. But I also felt CSA+ questions are more at higher level than Security+, that is CSA+ seems focus on why we doing this way while Security+ focus on how we doing it.

I am planning to write the CSA+ exam. Where can I find ****?
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Posts: 1,035Member ■■■■■□□□□□
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand there goes the thread.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • stryder144stryder144 Posts: 1,488Member ■■■■■■□□□□
    I am planning to write the CSA+ exam. Where can I find ****?

Odd question, but here is the honest answer: in the toilet.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me