Options

ACSP without Hardware

PhalanxPhalanx Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

Is there any way to be able to work on getting ACSP without having to buy an actual Apple machine? I've been asked by my boss to look into getting the certification, but I don't fancy purchasing an actual machine just to get the OS up and running.

Can the OS be purchased and virtualized anywhere? Or are there online labs I can learn from that people are aware of?
Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
Server & Networking: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
Currently Studying: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert

Comments

• Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The EULA states that you must install Mac OS (X) to Apple hardware. To that end, they have a special routine that checks the system to ensure that it is being installed to an Apple computer. There are workarounds but those violate various laws. Naturally, if you are curious about the process you can do the Google-fu thing. I once was interested in virtualizing Mac OS X and noticed that there was a patch for VMware so that you could install the bare copy of Mac OS X (otherwise you would need a hacked copy of the install disk). Not sure if it works or not but it was something that came up.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    PhalanxPhalanx Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That's such a shame. I don't think my boss would go for it otherwise. It's just so we could add a small level of tech support if people decide they would like some basic cover for a macOS machine. Oh well, thanks.
    Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
    Server & Networking: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
    Currently Studying: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert
  • Options
    zdravkozdravko Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    yes, you can pass the exam easy way, download iLearn: Advance ACSP on iOS device most of the questions are from the exam, you will pass the exam but you need Mac to practice and test. Yes, you can make virtualization download the whole vm file and run on VMware for example. You can practice on a virtual machine if you don't want to buy at this moment and take the exam.

Hackintosh