Options

the time has come...

JennaJenna Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
ok guys, the clock is ticking...i have 26 hours until my very first tech exam (hardware) and i'm shaking. any last minute advice? thank you for all the help so far- you guys have help a lot!
ughhh.........

Comments

• Options
    lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    1. Relax.
    2. Do some practice exams to get yourself in the frameset.
    3. Relax
    4. You will get scratch paper. Make a plan now for what you want to put on that paper. I/O addresses, IRQs, laser printer steps (CCWDTF - Clean, Charge, Write, Develop, Transfer, Fuse, or "Can Cathy Write Down The Facts?"), etc. You can write this stuff down before the clock starts.
    5. Relax.
    6. Drive over to the test site today. Plan your path, and plan an alternative. Looks like you'll be testing after rush hour. Good idea.
    5. Panic. No, wait.. relax.
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • Options
    thanks lazy for the advice...i forget to say that i'm also sweating bullets!!!! i'm doing some practice exams now. are the questions on the exam straight up questions or are they situational questions like transcender questions? (bob is the admin. in a company with 100 computers....)
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    there are no real "situational" questions, it's mostly one-liners.

the practise tests i always took the night before and morning of an exam, were the ones i knew i would pass. good morale booster.

don't stay up all night cramming. anything you don't know now, you'll never learn in a day ;)
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    sweet! i prefer the one liners! thanks so much!
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    it's not all one-liners, though

good luck
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Jenna, now is the time to relax--and don't hyperventilate!

I saw some good advice(I think it's good), that might help you focus while you're waiting and get rid of some tension. Sit down and pretend that you're writing a **** sheet listing answers to possible questions in areas that you're weak in. No, you can't actually take it in with you, but it may help you visualize an answer for a question or 2 at the actual exam time
    --and every question does count.

But, if you don't have a really bad case of the jitters, you probably don't even need extra review.

Best of luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    longshotlongshot Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Like they said....relax. At this point you should be reviewing instead of really studying. Hit those points that you know you are weak on. Take some practice test. Take breaks too.

Sounds like we are taking the same test at the same time...lol. I am going to relax tonight and go Stunting on my bike if it does not rain. That will keep me calm for tomorrow.

Jenna...since your down Tampa way...ever hear of a Stunt Group called Redline Extreme? When I am down that way..I usually hang with them.
    Webmaster: www.longshotdesigns.com
    Stunters Digital Artwork (It's halfway up now)
  • Options
    long- no i haven't heard of them. is it like motocross?
  • Options
    Heh, just noticed you are in Tampa... add another step to my list:

Celebrate in Ybor when you pass. :)
  • Options
    LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356
    Relax, do some practice tests.....then forget about the test till test time. If you stay worked up over it, you'll be nervous and it might have an adverse effect on you test. Go out to dinner or see a movie or something, just don't worry about the test. If you've been scoring well in the practice tests and you feel that you are ready, you should do fine. The nervousness never really goes away but it does get better the more tests that you sit.

Good Luck
  • Options
    Jenna wrote:
    long- no i haven't heard of them. is it like motocross?

Nope. Sportbikes..."Crotch Rockets"

After I get done with this test...I will finish my website and you will see.

Lazyart....Ybor huh. Whats there??? icon_lol.gif j/k
  • Options
    longshot wrote:
    Lazyart....Ybor huh. Whats there??? icon_lol.gif j/k

Hehehe.. i'm just 90 minutes away in Orlando, and Ybor beats anything we have here.
  • Options
    ybor is ok, it's turning a little weird though. it's tons better than orlando! ybor does have a cool brewhouse. if i pass this test tommorrow, first pitcher is on me!
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ahhhh longshot - ya just gotta get down 'n dirty dood icon_wink.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    RussS wrote:
    ahhhh longshot - ya just gotta get down 'n dirty dood icon_wink.gif

I have played in the dirt before. It was after hitting the pavement at 45 mph, after standing on the gas tank....then flip a couple of times to the dirt on the side of the road...lol.

anyways...back to the subject. Good luck today Jenna.
  • Options
    DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    Ah, Ybor City. Now that name brings back memories.... If there is one thing I miss about Florida, it's Guavaween :)
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=