Options

What to do next.

imfrom51imfrom51 Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey, I thought I would ask for your opinions on a couple of courses. Not sure what one to do next

1) Red hat - I can do basic linux but that's about it.
2) Python

Background:

Been in IT for more than 15 years. The last 9 or so in Security. In the past I did tons of admin and operations type stuff (mainly windows), but now it's a lot of either business or architecture. I would like to expand my knowledge and both courses seem interesting to me. Just not sure what would be the best ROI.

Thought, comments, questions etc.

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Why not do both?
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    NuclearBeavisNuclearBeavis Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Red Hat would be excellent to know, especially if you set RHCSA as a goal. If you go for RHCE, you'll have to learn some bash scripting, which would also be great to know.

Codeacademy's free Python course will teach you the basics and you could go self-paced. So like scaredoftests suggested, you could probably do both RH and Python at the same time without too much trouble.
  • Options
    I could do both, but for the lack of time. icon_smile.gif I'll take a look at both courses and see which one seems to grab me.

Thanks for the comments.
  • Options
    yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I wouldn't do either unless planning on using on a regular basis. Got any Linux server or python projects in mind?
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • Options
    @yoba222. Good Idea. I do use linux pretty often, so I think I will do the RH course. Thanks