Palo Alto Certifications Column/Thread???

pujan96pujan96 Member Posts: 121 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey All,

Ive been studying for the Palo Alto ACE and was thinking if it might be a good idea to have a section on the forum for Palo Alto certifications?

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks
Pujan
[X] CCNA R&S

[X] CCNP Route 300-101
[  ] CCNP Switch 300-115
[  ] CCNP T-Shoot 300-135

[  ]  NPDESI 300-550

[  ] CCIE R&S Written
[  ] CCIE R&S LAB

Comments

• nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeah totally agree! :)
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    A thread might be good but don't they only have 2 certifications? I don't know if 2 certs (one being a free open book one) would justify an entire section
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Palo Alto has only two certifications, one is the ACE which is free and the other is the PNCE.
    The second certificate is really in depth and is recommended for those who have at minimum 6 months hands on experience on a daily basis, meaning they spend 5-6 hours in the Palo Alto portal.
    Palo Alto requires their engineers and vendors or instructors to certify within 3 months I beleive to the newer release. That means if you already have PNCE 7 and Palo Alto releases PAN OS 8, you need to take the exam to be compliant with Palo Alto policies. This rule is only for those teaching the Palo Alto firewalls and for the Palo Alto engineers. For everyone else I dont beleive it applies.

Palo Alto is probably one of the best firewalls out there and personally I like it, too bad I was not able to get my hands on their small appliance. They should make one for home use. On our next refresh I'll see if i can persuade our sales rep to give me a free one.
  • MitMMitM Member Posts: 622 ■■■■□□□□□□
    TheFORCE wrote: »
    Palo Alto requires their engineers and vendors or instructors to certify within 3 months I beleive to the newer release. That means if you already have PNCE 7 and Palo Alto releases PAN OS 8, you need to take the exam to be compliant with Palo Alto policies. This rule is only for those teaching the Palo Alto firewalls and for the Palo Alto engineers. For everyone else I dont beleive it applies..

With the release of the latest PCNSE exam, recertification will be required every 2 years.
  • NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I like this idea. I have the ACE and would like to get the PCNSE someday.
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I hope you don't mind my posting this as well:

Palo Alto: The Next-Generation Security Platform
    Stanly Community College is an authorized Palo Alto Networks Academy, and the course we offer is an accredited Palo Alto Networks course. It is designed to prepare students to sit for the Accredited Configuration Engineer (ACE) exam.

This course is offered under the umbrella of Continuing Education, and it is conducted online, including labs, in an asynchronous manner, which basically means it is available to students 24/7. Students can study at their own pace provided they meet the minimum due dates set by the instructor. The courses are 8 weeks in length, and the current tuition & lab fee costs total $185.00US. We are currently teaching the 8.0 version of the Palo Alto Networks curriculum.

The next class begins January 2018, and it will be available on our website for open enrollment. If you would like to be notified when it is offered again in January, please add your information to our online waitlist at https://vmware.stanly.edu/waitlist.php. Just choose Palo Alto Firewall Installation, Configuration & Management from the drop-down menu. We will contact you when the class is scheduled.

At this time, due to evolving changes in higher education regulations, SCC is unable to serve all of the students that are interested in our courses or programs. SCC will no longer be able to offer distance education online programs or courses for students residing in Alaska, Arkansas, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Wyoming, and Puerto Rico.

More information can be found on our website at https://www.stanly.edu. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    STANLY_CC wrote: »
    I hope you don't mind my posting this as well:

Palo Alto: The Next-Generation Security Platform
    Stanly Community College is an authorized Palo Alto Networks Academy, and the course we offer is an accredited Palo Alto Networks course. It is designed to prepare students to sit for the Accredited Configuration Engineer (ACE) exam.

This course is offered under the umbrella of Continuing Education, and it is conducted online, including labs, in an asynchronous manner, which basically means it is available to students 24/7. Students can study at their own pace provided they meet the minimum due dates set by the instructor. The courses are 8 weeks in length, and the current tuition & lab fee costs total $185.00US. We are currently teaching the 8.0 version of the Palo Alto Networks curriculum.

The next class begins January 2018, and it will be available on our website for open enrollment. If you would like to be notified when it is offered again in January, please add your information to our online waitlist at https://vmware.stanly.edu/waitlist.php. Just choose Palo Alto Firewall Installation, Configuration & Management from the drop-down menu. We will contact you when the class is scheduled.

At this time, due to evolving changes in higher education regulations, SCC is unable to serve all of the students that are interested in our courses or programs. SCC will no longer be able to offer distance education online programs or courses for students residing in Alaska, Arkansas, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Wyoming, and Puerto Rico.

More information can be found on our website at https://www.stanly.edu. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

The ACE is free, anyone can take it.
  • STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes, that is true, but some people want the class to cover the test material.
    TheFORCE wrote: »
    The ACE is free, anyone can take it.
  • pujan96pujan96 Member Posts: 121 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for all the posts guys.

I am currently using the palo alto education 101 and 105 series which is free on there website, I only pay for a virtual lab course online which is recommended by Palo Alto themselves.
    [X] CCNA R&S

[X] CCNP Route 300-101
    [  ] CCNP Switch 300-115
    [  ] CCNP T-Shoot 300-135

[  ]  NPDESI 300-550

[  ] CCIE R&S Written
    [  ] CCIE R&S LAB