HR Filter for OSCP??

kasgaromeokasgaromeo Member Posts: 24 ■■□□□□□□□□
Now, I have B.E., B.S (2nd Bachelor), eCPPT, and OSCP. In addition, two years experience as an IT Professional and now a different field as HVAC in Military. However, I will back to IT field after finishing the service, but want to be back as a penetration tester.

However, I don't know how OSCP influences to the HR filter since it is not infamous certification among Security Organizations such as ISC or Cisco officially because those organizations do not mention about OSCP.

Do I have to get another certification for getting interested from HR?

If yes, which certs would you recommend?

Thanks,

Comments

• ottucsakottucsak Member Posts: 146 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CEH usually gets you through HR.
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Check indeed.com to see what the eCPPT and OSCP can get you.....
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Big, dumb, corporatey HR like the CEH and may not recognize the OSCP. Smaller shops that recognize the OSCP is where you'd shine the most.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • kasgaromeokasgaromeo Member Posts: 24 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks, I think I will get CEH when I pursue My Master Degree in WGU.
    Check indeed.com to see what the eCPPT and OSCP can get you.....
    Thanks, I found a lot of jobs which needs OSCP.
  • BuzzSawBuzzSaw Member Posts: 259 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It just depends on what you are applying for. For example, if you search Security+ you will get a lot more job opening than CEH, and CEH will get more than OSCP.

I think OSCP and CEH should be enough to get your through the door in most places. The top Filter filler is CISSP ... everyone has that as a requirement these days
    BuzzSaw wrote: »
    It just depends on what you are applying for. For example, if you search Security+ you will get a lot more job opening than CEH, and CEH will get more than OSCP.

I think OSCP and CEH should be enough to get your through the door in most places. The top Filter filler is CISSP ... everyone has that as a requirement these days

Thanks, BuzzSaw. This is really helpful... By the way, CISSP.. I'm not really good at memorizing stuff lol.. By the way, if I have to get for my future, I will get it...

Thanks!
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If you spell out the acronyms you will get hits on OSCP. Usually somewhere in the job description there should be a reference to penetration testing. You add the same on your resume.
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Job postings are funny sometimes, I seen job postings that ask for Security+ or CISSP, but ignore GIAC certs when the job responsibilities would match great with those kinds of certs. Or pen-testing jobs that just list CISSP, truly bizarre, you would think any competent IT manager when know what certs to include on a security job posting.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • ottucsakottucsak Member Posts: 146 ■■■■□□□□□□
    For consulting jobs certain certificates might be required by the clients. CISSP and CEH are some of the most well-known certs for penetration testing, so if the clients only know those, you could have OSEE, they still wouldn't give a damn.
  • jelevatedjelevated Member Posts: 139
    TechGromit wrote: »
    Job postings are funny sometimes, I seen job postings that ask for Security+ or CISSP, but ignore GIAC certs when the job responsibilities would match great with those kinds of certs. Or pen-testing jobs that just list CISSP, truly bizarre, you would think any competent IT manager when know what certs to include on a security job posting.

"Yes yes I know you have this 'Geee Seee Eye Eitch' but we're looking for someone who is trained in incident handling. No Security+? Ok, nice talking to you."