Options

Operational fail

dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
"Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman

Comments

• Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Pffft not even on the last day. When I left a major bank, I went on garden leave for 2 weeks.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Wow!! icon_lol.gif Extra security measures will be implemented after this!
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• Options
    gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Heavily politicized case, I don't believe anything they say.

Could very well have fired them after the fact and present it like it was their last day.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    This does feel clickbaitey. I'm skeptical this happened.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    While Twitter may not be able to take any legal action against the departing employee, since no actual data was lost. You have to wonder if other companies would be hesitant to hire him/her in the future, even companies that are anti-Trump. You have to consider what damage will he/she do if/when they depart from their company in the future. I recall the case of one disgruntled System Admin Tim Lloyd that destroyed the server backups and scheduled a time bomb to wipe the system after he left Omega Engineering Corp, a incident that cost the company 10 million dollars and never fully recovered from. Another IT Administrator Michael Thom also deleted files and disabled backups before leaving his job at ClickMotive. Personally I wouldn't hire this person to sweep the floors if I ran a company, his actions scream untrustworthy.

On a side note, A follow up security report by Trustwave in 2013 determined that basic security controls (that allowed Tim Lloyd do the damage he did) still were not in place at Omega Engineering. If a 10 million dollar loss doesn't convince you, you need better security controls on your network, I guess nothing will.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.