Options

Need training recommendations MCSA Server 2016

squidjrsquidjr Member Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
I want to get my certification in MCSA Server 2016, what are some of the better training materials?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What path are you taking, fresh on Sever 2016 or coming from Server 2012 cert?
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

• Options
    djrabesdjrabes Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What path are you taking, fresh on Sever 2016 or coming from Server 2012 cert?

I would say fresh looking at the user's certification info.

I recommend Pluralsight and/or CBT Nuggets. Lab like crazy and make sure you understand it.
    Certifications: CompTIA A+, MCP, MCSA: Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016, Windows 10
    Studying: Exam 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure
    Want: MCSA: Office 365, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure Exam 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure), Network+, Security+
  • Options
    squidjrsquidjr Member Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
    yep, fresh, Ok thanks djrabes, ill look into those.
  • Options
    PhalanxPhalanx Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm combining the MS Exam Ref guides plus CBT Nuggets, personally.
    Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
    Server & Networking: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
    Currently Studying: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert
  • Options
    poolmanjimpoolmanjim Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I wouldn't recommend the Exam Ref as an end all, exhaustive resource. If you use that book, use it as an overview to help you cut your teeth.

For my 2016 upgrade I used the Server 2016 Inside and Out book. It isn't as good as I'd like it to be but it does cover the content pretty well. Combine that with Pluralsight and Technets and you should be able to cover most of the content in sufficient depth. Don't forget to lab. Microsoft loves throwing stuff at you that you will really only encounter if you lab.
    2019 Goals: Security+
    2020 Goals: 70-744, Azure
    Completed: MCSA 2012 (01/2016), MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (07/2017), MCSA 2017 (09/2017)
    Future Goals: CISSP, CCENT
  • Options
    malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I passed my 70-740 6 weeks ago. For that exam I used CBT Nuggets, Pluralsight, Technet and the Exam Ref. I usually don't bother with the exam ref but there wasn't any other books at the time when I started studying for it in July. Maybe abit of a overkill but networking isnt my strongest point.

Now Im studying for my 70-741, only using CBT Nuggets, Technet and MCSA 70-741 Cert Guide: Networking with Windows Server 2016 By Michael S. Schulz.
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.