Options

I'm at my wit's end!

Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
The subject says it all. I've read and re-read the exam cram and passport books and have made custom notes as well as flash cards. I understand the material quite well (with the exception of organizational security, which I will go over again) However, when I take practice exams, I get horrible scores! Especially with the Preplogic exams. I don't understand, after reading the material and reviewing it, what's going on?? Is the exam as difficult as the practice exams? I've taken the official sample questions from CompTIA and they seemed fairly easy, I got 80% on those 10 questions. Everything else kills me. Any thoughts on how the actual test compares to the practice questions?

Thanks in advance.
Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University

Comments

• Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I hate to say it vizv but 80% on those 10 is about 20% light.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    I understand your frustration.... I've been studying for a while now and have read 3 books and still take some practice tests that I don't do so good on...
    It's a lot of information to take in.

I actually have a couple chapters left in one of my books then I will tign up tot take the exam. If I take it before you I will let you now how it is.
  • Options
    doogleassdoogleass Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am writing on friday and i feel exactly the same. i know my stuff and then when i do a practice exam i do terible. i will c how friday goes
  • Options
    Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    Russ, just an update, I recently got 100% on the officials, and I understand them as well, so lets forget about the 80. I am going through Exam Cram and am highlighting important material on every page, as I did with A+, and it proved to be a good strategy. However, I am still nervous about Security+. I intend to further make flash cards, as well as applying the information in real life, by creating simulated situations. Thank you guys for the replies.

EDIT: doogleass, let us know how you do!
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University