Blackout

bigstar*bigstar* Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone!

First of all, this is an awesome website!! brillant!

Problem: Last Friday I had a scheduled examination for A+ OS but unfortunately due to the blackout, it was cancelled. I just called Prometric and they said that I had to call back on Wednesday to reschedule. icon_sad.gif

I am anxious to write and complete my A+ to get it out of my way. I was wondering for people who wrote the OS part, was it tough? tricky? or hard?

I did the hardware part in 4mins and I think I am ready for the OS part.
If I can get some feedbacks on this, that would be great.

Thanks!

Comments

• bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    i thought the operating systems exam was easier, but then again, i was forced to wait six months before i could write it!

most find the core easier as that's what they prefer to concentrate on. the operating systems exam is probably harder due to the fact, that most candidates do not have hands-on experience of all operating systems covered.

like any exam, it's passable if you know your stuff.

good luck
    A+ Moderator
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Nothing tricky. Pretty straightforward. You just have to know the material
    on the different OSs.

If you have done some installations of MS OSs and know about some of the equivalent processes on Linux, etc., you should be OK.

Best of luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    I scored lower on my OS than I did core, but it was still easy enough.
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I scored very high on OS to my astonishment as I was expecting a low score due to minimal W2000 exposure - plus I only studies for a couple weeks as I was in a rush to move to Net+.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • bigstar*bigstar* Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just finished the OS exam....PASSED!

I didn't do so well, got a score of 829. It took me 5mins to do (maybe that's why I didn't do as well) in total took me 9 mins to be A+ Certified.

I want to recommend the book that I was reading for a month that got me ready to write (but I am not at home-so will post it when I remember the title later tonight for your reference.)

Anyway on the OS, I had weird some questions here and there but other than that it was pretty straight forward.

Good luck to everyone that is going to take A+.

Gonna have a beer for celebration. icon_thumright.gif
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats! Not a bad score at all...
  • JugomugoJugomugo Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah, I'm getting reading to take the O/S myself. I'm reading through the Mike Myers AIO 4th, and realizing that I know a lot more about o/s's than I thought. I can use dos, 9x, 2k, and XP pretty easily. I hope this translates into an easy test for myself... hehe.
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations, bigstar! Good score--you must know your stuff.

J......., I used Meyers's AIO for heavy study in OS. Had copies of all the MS OSs and installed and worked with them right through the book, beginning with 95(A) through 2000 Prof. Don't believe that I would have passed without it. Best of luck!!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • bigstar*bigstar* Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    For those that are interested.

This is the book that I used to study....very helpful and straight to the point.

A+ Certification Training Guide (Exams 220-221, 220-222)
    Author: Charles Brooke
    ISBN: 0789728443
    Published by Que