CISM Nov 2017 Passed

IvramusIvramus Posts: 6Registered Members ■□□□□□□□□□
I took CISM last Nov 6 and passed. I am waiting for my scores. I started reviewing on Oct 11. I used ISACA QAE.
«1

Comments

  • averageguy72averageguy72 Senior Member Posts: 254Registered Members ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
  • ay092017ay092017 Posts: 21Registered Members ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well done!
  • mattster79mattster79 Posts: 135Registered Members ■■□□□□□□□□
    Awesome, well done you.
    CISSP
    CISM
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Senior Member Posts: 342Registered Members ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good job! icon_cheers.gif
    Three year plan: (2018 ) CISSP [X] and eJPT [ ]; (2019) eCPPT [ ]; (2020) OSCP [ ]
  • vmaddelavmaddela Posts: 18Registered Members ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed too on Nov7. Used only the Q&A database. Does anyone know how long before the results show up on the website?
  • IvramusIvramus Posts: 6Registered Members ■□□□□□□□□□
    vmaddela wrote: »
    I passed too on Nov7. Used only the Q&A database. Does anyone know how long before the results show up on the website?

    I called ISACA this morning and the guy told me it should be within 10 days so mine is until Nov 20. Did you get an email indicating your scores?
  • semsem010semsem010 Posts: 27Registered Members ■□□□□□□□□□
    vmaddela wrote: »
    I passed too on Nov7. Used only the Q&A database. Does anyone know how long before the results show up on the website?

    congratsss, well i have CISA & CRISC, i feel that CISM book is useless unlike CISA & CRISC books were somehow better, what do think shall i do just use the Q&A database only?
  • mattster79mattster79 Posts: 135Registered Members ■■□□□□□□□□
    For those that only used the Q&A db, how long did you study before taking the exam, and what was your average score leading up to the exam?

    Thanks.
    CISSP
    CISM
  • datacombossdatacomboss Posts: 303Registered Members ■■■□□□□□□□
    mattster79 wrote: »
    For those that only used the Q&A db, how long did you study before taking the exam, and what was your average score leading up to the exam?

    Thanks.

    I reviewed every question in the DB and averaged 82.
    "If I were to say, 'God, why me?' about the bad things, then I should have said, 'God, why me?' about the good things that happened in my life."

    Arthur Ashe

  • SpanSpan Posts: 32Registered Members ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ivramus wrote: »
    I took CISM last Nov 6 and passed. I am waiting for my scores. I started reviewing on Oct 11. I used ISACA QAE.

    Nov 6 and passed as well. icon_cheers.gif
    How was your overall experience? The exam crashed on me at questions 142 and 146 and hung for 2 minutes on 148. Luckily it resumes were you left off but still icon_redface.gif
  • jaguaarjaguaar Posts: 58Registered Members ■■□□□□□□□□
    Span wrote: »
    Nov 6 and passed as well. icon_cheers.gif
    How was your overall experience? The exam crashed on me at questions 142 and 146 and hung for 2 minutes on 148. Luckily it resumes were you left off but still icon_redface.gif
    crashed:rollicon_confused.gif?
    wow
    Which company did you take the exam through? Sylvan?
  • IvramusIvramus Posts: 6Registered Members ■□□□□□□□□□
    Span wrote: »
    Nov 6 and passed as well. icon_cheers.gif
    How was your overall experience? The exam crashed on me at questions 142 and 146 and hung for 2 minutes on 148. Luckily it resumes were you left off but still icon_redface.gif

    Yes - i thought it was a network issue. I was feeling a bit nervous during the exam and was actually thinking I failed but surprised I passed. Did you get your official scores?
  • vmaddelavmaddela Posts: 18Registered Members ■□□□□□□□□□
    semsem010 wrote: »
    congratsss, well i have CISA & CRISC, i feel that CISM book is useless unlike CISA & CRISC books were somehow better, what do think shall i do just use the Q&A database only?

    Yes, I would suggest you stick to the Q&A to get the feel of the questions and how you should approach them.
  • vmaddelavmaddela Posts: 18Registered Members ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ivramus wrote: »
    I called ISACA this morning and the guy told me it should be within 10 days so mine is until Nov 20. Did you get an email indicating your scores?

    No I didnt get any email from them. Still waiting for it.
  • vmaddelavmaddela Posts: 18Registered Members ■□□□□□□□□□
    Span wrote: »
    Nov 6 and passed as well. icon_cheers.gif
    How was your overall experience? The exam crashed on me at questions 142 and 146 and hung for 2 minutes on 148. Luckily it resumes were you left off but still icon_redface.gif

    Happened to me as well. They had a problem and I waited for about 15 mins before they allotted me another machine and the exam did resume from where it got shut off. I was at a PSI exam center.
  • KiillKiill Posts: 4Registered Users ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed the exam on nov 1st, got the official result by e-mail today.

    Also used only the Q&A manual (paperback), same strategy used for the CISM and the CRISC that I've passed before the CISA.
  • scankloudscankloud Posts: 47Registered Members ■■□□□□□□□□
    Kiill wrote: »
    Passed the exam on nov 1st, got the official result by e-mail today.

    Also used only the Q&A manual (paperback), same strategy used for the CISM and the CRISC that I've passed before the CISA.


    @Kiill a loud bang big Congratulations to you for passing your CISM Exam. Please what was the Exam like? Was it anything like the QAE Database the way it as worded Verbosely or very direct questions that common sense can point out the correct answers? How did you score in your domains since you already got the official result. I am sitting my exam this SATURDAY the 18th of November. @ Everybody can answer and share more detail experience here, all of your experiences has made me hopeful and guided my studies.

    Currently I watch Kelly @ Cybrary CISM & CRISC Videos and just do the QAE, I bought the e-pub version of the CISM Book and it was really dry, I stopped at preface. Thank you bunch @ all contributors who are never relenting to help others.
  • KiillKiill Posts: 4Registered Users ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks!
    I find the questions on the exam quite similar with the ones in the Q&A manual. Are you asking about the CISM scores, right?

    Information Security Governance: 481
    Information Risk Management and Compliance: 699
    Information Security Program Development and Management: 714
    Information Security Incident Management: 722



    Good luck on your exam.
    If you have no problems with the questions on the database, you should be just fine!
  • scankloudscankloud Posts: 47Registered Members ■■□□□□□□□□
    Kiill wrote: »
    thanks!
    I find the questions on the exam quite similar with the ones in the Q&A manual. Are you asking about the CISM scores, right?

    Information Security Governance: 481
    Information Risk Management and Compliance: 699
    Information Security Program Development and Management: 714
    Information Security Incident Management: 722


    Good luck on your exam.
    If you have no problems with the questions on the database, you should be just fine!


    @Kiill, thank you for sharing your outstanding performance/result with the us. I am encouraged and would post my success story when I get back from the testing center this weekend.
  • SpanSpan Posts: 32Registered Members ■■□□□□□□□□
    jaguaar wrote: »
    crashed:rollicon_confused.gif?
    wow
    Which company did you take the exam through? Sylvan?

    PSI exam center, New Orleans.
  • SpanSpan Posts: 32Registered Members ■■□□□□□□□□
    Span wrote: »
    Nov 6 and passed as well. icon_cheers.gif
    How was your overall experience? The exam crashed on me at questions 142 and 146 and hung for 2 minutes on 148. Luckily it resumes were you left off but still icon_redface.gif

    Got my passed confirmation email this morning so that took 9 days.
  • IvramusIvramus Posts: 6Registered Members ■□□□□□□□□□
    I got mine as well:

    Total scaled score: 712

    SCALED SCORES BY CONTENT AREA:



    Information Security Governance
    720


    Information Risk Management and Compliance
    767


    Information Security Program Development and Management
    712


    Information Security Incident Management
    673

  • mattster79mattster79 Posts: 135Registered Members ■■□□□□□□□□
    Guys, couple of questions about the exam experience.

    When you end the exam, do you get the results on-screen or do you have to get a print out from reception?
    If you answer a question can you also mark it for review?
    Is the exam interface pretty similar to the QA db?
    I know its difficult to work out, but percentage wise, what roughly do you think the pass mark is? I know the scaled score pass is 450 out of 800 (56%) but I'm just trying to gauge roughly how many of the 150 questions you need to answer correctly!
    CISSP
    CISM
  • vmaddelavmaddela Posts: 18Registered Members ■□□□□□□□□□
    mattster79 wrote: »
    Guys, couple of questions about the exam experience.

    When you end the exam, do you get the results on-screen or do you have to get a print out from reception?
    If you answer a question can you also mark it for review?
    Is the exam interface pretty similar to the QA db?
    I know its difficult to work out, but percentage wise, what roughly do you think the pass mark is? I know the scaled score pass is 450 out of 800 (56%) but I'm just trying to gauge roughly how many of the 150 questions you need to answer correctly!

    Once the exam is complete it will show you that you have passed or failed. No need to get a print out from the reception.
    Yeah, you can flag an answer for review. You will have a 3 min tutorial before the start of the exam, take that.
    Interface is pretty similar to QA
    You will need to answer roughly 80 questions right.

    I passed my exam on 7th but didnt get the results yet. So you need to start calling them a week after you pass your exams so that they will send the results to you on time and not over look. I will get mine on 27th after the holidays a full 20 days after I cleared the exam, that too because I called.
  • Priya TyagiPriya Tyagi Posts: 2Registered Users ■□□□□□□□□□
    I referees to 2016 ISACA questions.

    Do you think they are very different from 2017?
    I was confident with the 2016 set of questions gave the exam today and did not pass
  • za3bourza3bour Posts: 1,062Registered Members
    I referees to 2016 ISACA questions.

    Do you think they are very different from 2017?
    I was confident with the 2016 set of questions gave the exam today and did not pass

    The questions itself is not an excellent indicator of whether you will pass or fail. You need to first have the knowledge/experience and you need to think like ISACA which might not be what you will do in real life if you ask me.

    It's a tricky exam, definitely not straightforward and requires some study. I would get 2017 material and also get the free online courses that are available.
  • IMSIMS Posts: 2Registered Users ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have been using The Online QAE database from ISACA for last 5 months practicing, accumulate 158 hours of studying. reviewing why each right and wrong answers I made to validate my knowledge.


    I have done reviewed all listed questions in ISACA, CISM database and made an average of 83%-90% of the questions right in the last 35 trials. I had my CISM exam just Today. the result was "Not Passed"


    The questions I had in the exam Only 25% similar to Online QAE database But NOT the same.
  • ms2406ms2406 Posts: 27Banned ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed my exam on 13th Feb 2018, I'm still waiting for official score. I reviewed the manual, QAE DB and Megaminds 2 days crash training. I say QAE is best database I have ever found. I was preparing for CISSP so that it was little easy to understand the concepts. I would say stick to QAE DB.
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Senior Member Posts: 342Registered Members ■■■□□□□□□□
    IMS wrote: »
    I have done reviewed all listed questions in ISACA, CISM database and made an average of 83%-90% of the questions right in the last 35 trials.

    The CISM QAE DB has only so much questions and if you have tried this for 35x, I would say the chance is pretty high that you've memorized some of the questions and their corresponding answers.

    Don't lose hope. The test really is a bit tricky in my opinion and you really have to read the question multiple times to make sure you understand what is being asked and at the same time keeping a manager mindset.
    Three year plan: (2018 ) CISSP [X] and eJPT [ ]; (2019) eCPPT [ ]; (2020) OSCP [ ]
  • roxerroxer Posts: 130Registered Members
    I'm sitting the exam this Saturday (Feb 24). Read the manual and doing the QAE DB. I passed the CISA doing the same, but honestly thought I had failed the CISA. I'm hoping this goes without a hitch. I took me ~6 weeks to get the CISA cert from ISACA. I hear that is normal.
    2018 Goals:
    To Complete: CISSP-ISSAP | CCSP | CAPM
    Start Master's Degree: WGU - MBA.ITM

    B.S., Business Studies in Computer Information Technology | SNHU
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.