Onward and Upward...

ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
So I've been doing infosec for the last few years and I've come to a cross roads. I've been promoted recently and have a great relationship with my current employer. There just doesn't appear to be a technical growth path from here. I want to move up while I'm in my prime ;). The only caveat is that I can't relocate due to family issues. ( Just turned down a great job because of this.) I'd like to travel and possibly do technical consulting or architecture, but I need around a year or so of certing up on Cisco and Microsoft. I have been a CCSP(Now called CCNP-Security) and a HP-UX CSA, and done a decent amount of AD work.

What traveling technical positions do you guys recommend?

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Pre sales could be good if you're in interested in the sales process and all that. Commission is nice on that side too. Post sales or professional services could be good if you're not into the sales stuff as much. Lot's of traveling in those types of roles usually.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Pre sales could be good if you're in interested in the sales process and all that. Commission is nice on that side too. Post sales or professional services could be good if you're not into the sales stuff as much. Lot's of traveling in those types of roles usually.

I don't think I could sell fire in the Artic. Professional services does sound nice though...
  • LarryTRLarryTR Member Posts: 56 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hate to ask a stupid question but...

What are some example/descriptions of job positions in "Professional Services" in the IT industry?