Options

I'm done with technical support...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Codeman6669Codeman6669 Member Posts: 227
    sounds good thank you.

Is the Security+ worth anything trying to get into a junior infosec role? Just trying to judge my time as im stil going to school as wel
  • Options
    N7ValiantN7Valiant Member Posts: 363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    sounds good thank you.

Is the Security+ worth anything trying to get into a junior infosec role? Just trying to judge my time as im stil going to school as wel
    Yes. I'm studying it now to prep. While half or more of it is largely a rehash of some of the Network+ content, actively seeking out open positions in InfoSec entry level jobs shows that a lot of people put it there as a requirement for the position. It really seems like it demonstrates that you at least have a basic understanding of the fundamentals of security.
    OSCP
    MCSE: Core Infrastructure
    MCSA: Windows Server 2016
    CompTIA A+ | Network+ | Security+ CE
  • Options
    NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    N7Valiant wrote: »
    Yes. I'm studying it now to prep. While half or more of it is largely a rehash of some of the Network+ content, actively seeking out open positions in InfoSec entry level jobs shows that a lot of people put it there as a requirement for the position. It really seems like it demonstrates that you at least have a basic understanding of the fundamentals of security.
    I got my Security+ because it shows a commitment to learning IT Security. It helped me get my current job :D

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• Options
    YesOffenseYesOffense Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yeah I'm over it support side in general. Not so much the job or the clients, but management.