Options

To all successful CCSP's out there

scascscasc Member Posts: 462 ■■■■■■■□□□
Hi all,

Just wanted to ask what book would be better to use to study for CCSP - The official study guide by O'Hara or the AIO by Carter?

Also along with the CSA and ENISA documents I was thinking of going over the NIST ones also. Any ideas which NIST papers to look at?

Best wishes
AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...

Comments

• Options
    kukkukukku Member Posts: 130 ■■□□□□□□□□
    scasc wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just wanted to ask what book would be better to use to study for CCSP - The official study guide by O'Hara or the AIO by Carter?

Also along with the CSA and ENISA documents I was thinking of going over the NIST ones also. Any ideas which NIST papers to look at?

Best wishes

CCSP Certified Cloud Security Professional All-in-One Exam Guide by Daniel Carter is the best, but not only the 1 resource you should be using..You may need to go over multiple materials including the CBK.
    Daniel is the member of this forum..
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Make sure you search the "Passed CCSP" threads. Pretty sure I posted the NIST docs before.
  • Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    +1 for AIO. And go through CCSK documents. Understand the challenges with using cloud, and the solutions available to mitigate.
  • Options
    averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Agree with the others - For the current version of the test review CSA v3/ENISA/NIST (did the CCSK v3 cert test as well) . Additionally, I read the "CCSP (ISC)2 Certified Cloud Security Professional Official Study Guide 1st Edition" and used the questions that came with it and the iPhone app.
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • Options
    Many thanks all... will obtain AIO and follow advice

Best wishes
  • Options
    quovado7quovado7 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The AIO is a good resource, but IMHO not easy to read. It is not well structured, eg. is lacking pictures and/or diagrams (who usually helps to remember things). Many pages of the book are text only.

btw. (and as already mentioned) read also the CSA, ENISA, and NIST docs.
  • Options
    djcarterdjcarter Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    quovado7 wrote: »
    The AIO is a good resource, but IMHO not easy to read. It is not well structured, eg. is lacking pictures and/or diagrams (who usually helps to remember things). Many pages of the book are text only.

btw. (and as already mentioned) read also the CSA, ENISA, and NIST docs.

Thank you for the feedback on it! During the First Edition it was a bit of a struggle to come up with appropriate images and diagrams in many places due to the material, but it is definitely a primary objective to incorporate a lot more along those lines for the 2nd Edition.
  • Options
    djcarter wrote: »
    Thank you for the feedback on it! During the First Edition it was a bit of a struggle to come up with appropriate images and diagrams in many places due to the material, but it is definitely a primary objective to incorporate a lot more along those lines for the 2nd Edition.

Hi. Do you know roughly when 2nd edition will be released? Thanks.
  • Options
    useravuserav Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Dan-in-MDDan-in-MD Member Posts: 52 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The official study guide is an easy read. I suppose it depends on how much knowledge you have to begin with. I though the official study guide was a good tool, but if I didn’t have my existing knowledge it would not have been sufficient to pass. CSA V4 is a must. I took the CSSP last Sat, and the CCSK V4 on Sun. I think the CCSK was a pure info recall test whereas the CCSP required applied analysis using knowledge.