Options

Pass CHFIv9 - Review inside

FillAwfulFillAwful Member Posts: 119 ■■■□□□□□□□
Greetings everyone. Been a while since I've sat a test.

Let me begin by stating that my employer paid for this certification course and I would not have paid for it myself if I had that choice.

That being said, I spent the week in class with the EC-Council materials and an instructor. The EC-Council training materials were significantly better than my previous experience with CEH. The course books actually included real words instead of just a huge stack of fancy slides. It was refreshing and you can really spend some time reading through the materials and learning something instead of just looking at fancy graphics.

The answers to the test questions were actually covered by the material. Sometimes the answers are just a short blurb in a slide, but they are there, so if you spend time on the course material you can pass the test.

I found much of the material to be quite dry, legal stuff, memorizing laws and what not, but I guess that's just the nature of the cert. Some questions on the exam were very simple and it was just a matter of choosing the obvious answer, some had several good answers and were frustrating.

The courseware labs were standard EC-Council fare. Install the tool. Open the tool. Use the tool. Rinse and repeat.

All in all, I didn't find this cert tremendously valuable, but if forensics is up your alley and you can afford it then you will definitely learn an obscure fact or two about some rarely used tools as well as some forensic methodologies that should certainly be practiced.

I scored an 89% on a 150 question test. I did not take nearly the whole 4 hours. Good luck to all!

Comments

• Options
    TSaLTSaL Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the information. I'm currently scheduled to take this exam this Friday for my coursework at WGU. I didn't realize that there were labs in the test, good to know. Any certain tools I should focus on?
  • Options
    thm3004thm3004 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Does the CRHv9 exam contain Lab questions?
  • Options
    TSaLTSaL Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nope, no Labs. Lots of questions on which tool would you use when...... yuck.
  • Options
    FillAwfulFillAwful Member Posts: 119 ■■■□□□□□□□
    TSaL wrote: »
    Nope, no Labs. Lots of questions on which tool would you use when...... yuck.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I meant the labs that come with the courseware.
  • Options
    jhonsteve83jhonsteve83 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello FillAwful,

Please, could you send the questionnaires you used to study for the test. I need to pass this exam to pass my WGU class.

Thanks
  • Options
    Danbert1.0Danbert1.0 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for the overview of your path to success. I am looking for as much advice as possible.