Options

How much has SEC + changed since 2013

OmniManOmniMan Member Posts: 78 ■■■□□□□□□□
I let my cert lapse so need to retake. Still 3 performance based questions and then multiple choice the rest? Darryl Gibson’s book still the way to go?

Comments

• Options
    Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Im in the same boat buddy. Expired this year and will be recerting sometime next spring before the last day for the 401 exam.

Darril and Prof Messer both recommend doing the 401 exam before the cutoff.
    Reasons being...
    1. No one cares which exam you took
    2. 501 has less training material
    3. Not alot of reports of the difficulty (should be harder)
    4. 401 is closer to the 301 we both took.

Im personally going to re-use my 301 book since most of it will be cut and paste.
    I am also going to use the Pearson book for 401 to fill in the gaps.

Anything on the 501, you can just learn with web articles or what not if you feel you must.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I would take the 401 since there is so much material. CompTIA is seeing mixed results with the 501 (some find it easier, some harder). It is supposed to be a bit easier than the 401 since it was realigned to lower levels of the Blooms Taxonomy. We shall see how it lines up over time when there is a bigger sampling of people who have taken the exam.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    OmniManOmniMan Member Posts: 78 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So when is the cutoff for the 401? I am just gonna use Darryl’s book. Any idea what some of the performance based questions are?
  • Options
    NOVA_USANOVA_USA Member Posts: 13 ■■□□□□□□□□
    English retirement: July 31, 2018;
    Japanese, Portuguese and Simplified Chinese: December 15, 2018

From link below...........

https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/security#examdetails